Piratemania to The Mega

So we're making 9 days caching and camping. Going to the mega campsite on the Sunday prior to the event. Is there many others doing that? anmd if so are you doing the same as us?

Sarah

We are planning on arriving at Piratemania on the Thursday till Tuesday AM. 1 Night at Amanda's parents in Worksop to regroup then onto the Lets go Mega camping event for Wednesday evening till the following Wednesday.

I have no idea what I'm doing - nothing unusual there then!!

I intend to go from Pirates to Mega, but I have no idea when I'll go between them... when is everyone else going?

I fancied going from Pirates on Tuesday morning too!

PUP - are we allowed to stary on your site til then????

Course you can - you can stay on site as long as you like :D

Piratemania is the evenings of Fri 25th, Sat 26th and Sun 27th July - if you are intending to stop on Monday night (and possibly beyond) please arrange this direct with the site - thanks B)

01433 620111 - Pindale Farm - "The Internet Based Treasure Hunt Group" :D:D

We are hoping to get to Pirates for the weekend then home and a night or 2 at Mega camp.. I would like to just camp for 10 days but I think there will be too much on in Harrogate for us to stay much more than that..

We are trying to find a new tent for this year.. Big enough to host a small festival :D

You may like to consider the following in your planning...

There is to be an event in Malham on the Wednesday before the Mega event which you might like to pencil in. The event page is being finalised, but the format probably be a picnic next to the Yorkshire Dales National Park car park preceeded by an optional walk a round the geology and archeology of the area. There are plenty of other caches and walks in the area including a village trail for those who don't take part in the walk.

The caches around the Malhamdale Meander Challenge - GC10ED5 will give you a good idea of this spectacular area.

Ohhhh I LOVE the "malham walk" as it's known in my family...

GCSE Geology and A level Geography meant many a trip to Malham!!

Not sure I'm fit enough to do the 12 miler we used to do when I was younger, but I'll certainly be up for the picnic and a few nice caches in the area.

Edited by HazelS

Hazel if you did "o"'s in Geog and Geol and An "a" in Geog then you have to do the walks :P

I may have to carry littleY though as I did "a"'s in both Bu**er :D

I'm really looking forward to the Dales Diva Day Out.. DDDO I'm sure we will all have a superb day..

Many thanks to Jill (Eagleowl) and Dales Diva for all the work here..

Hazel if you did "o"'s in Geog and Geol and An "a" in Geog then you have to do the walks :P

I wonder if the walk will be This One It's a fabulous walk!

Anyone that has done an earth cache with me on Ice Age rock formations will agree that it might be best if I don't - I can go on and on for hours about it - one of my favourite subjects!!!

I'm usually such a dizzy person, I suprise people when I start on about it!

I just doubt I'm fit enough now, I'm ok doing a walk of that length when I can take my time.

Edited by HazelS

Here are the draft details for the walk...

3 hour walk starting at Malham National Park Centre (charge for parking).

There is a picnic area behind the centre so people can chill there if they don’t go on the walk. Meet at 10.30am. The route will be over rough ground so suitable footwear needed and a moderate level of fitness although we will go at a slow pace. Dogs welcome but on leads at all times and need to be fit enough to go up over ladder stiles. We will look at the geology and archaeology of the area and anything else people are interested in and maybe a cache or two.

I will chase up the listing of the event later today.

Jill....

Do you know which walk they will be doing?

At the moment I'm booked into the Ripon Site from Thursday - Sun morning, and don't want to change it unless I know I can manage the Malham walk.

Sorry I don't, if you email katy (addy on the event page) I'm sure she will help. I don't think it will be too strenuous, they mentioned kids welcome, accompanied by adults. The distance is 5 miles done over 3 hours, but the pace is slow. There are stiles over the walls in Yorkshire, rather than gates which is why this is mentioned in the description. I'm sure that if we were going up the side of the cove to the limestone pavement it would have been mentioned.

Jill....

Do you know which walk they will be doing?

At the moment I'm booked into the Ripon Site from Thursday - Sun morning, and don't want to change it unless I know I can manage the Malham walk.

Sorry I don't, if you email katy (addy on the event page) I'm sure she will help. I don't think it will be too strenuous, they mentioned kids welcome, accompanied by adults. The distance is 5 miles done over 3 hours, but the pace is slow. There are stiles over the walls in Yorkshire, rather than gates which is why this is mentioned in the description. I'm sure that if we were going up the side of the cove to the limestone pavement it would have been mentioned.

Oh I can handle getting up to the cove, it's the climbing of the Tufa at Gordale Scar that I know I can't handle! As Tufa is now protected, I think I may have heard on the grapevine that you can no longer climb the scar anyway. hmmmm perhaps I should just email Katy!