3 FTFs

Thats great!!

When I get to hunt for one I seem to have an inability to see it till after someone else sometimes!

If you put first to find or ftf in your log for these caches and any other ones it will make it easier to do a search later if you want to find your personal ftfs, just make sure which ever way you choose to put it not to use the same way when congratulating someone else on a ftf, (hope that makes sense)

Today, for the first time ever, I made three (3) FTFs!!!

I got text message notifications through the night and after I took my kid to school at 7:00 a.m., I went after the three new caches. Note: These were not set-ups.

I just had to brag as my family could not care less.

Thanks, all.

Sometimes the moon and stars line up just right. That must have been fun!

My best day was 10 FTF. I had a day with 8 and several days with 6. There's a local cacher who lists over 350 FTF on his profile page. He also lists his best FTF day as 20 FTF and his best month as 48 FTF. Wow.

Congrats on your FTF run. I can understand the rush. Just don't let it consume you like it does some folks! :lol:

Way to go! What's the FTF scene like in LA?

It's, obviously, larger than Colorado Springs, but just about as dense. In COS a traditional cache will rarely last more than an hour and is often logged within 20 minutes. Even the caches placed a couple miles up a trail in the foothills won't last more than a day. Finding 3 in a day here would be very rare if it weren't for reviewers who only log on once a day or the people who saturate the city with urban micros.

My FTF rate is 39% with 37 in one day. That's pretty rare in my area, but so are people who decide to publish 60 micros along an rural highway route in one night.

Edited by cataclysmcow

Way to go! What's the FTF scene like in LA?

The west side of LA is pretty competitive for FTFs. We've got a bunch of good, gung-ho cachers who get notifications via Blackberry. And, it is rare that more than 2 or 3 caches are published within the same part of town on any given day.

I can get an FTF when it is published very early in the day and isn't too far from home. However, that's because I take my kid to school early and can go after new caches after I drop him off.

Way to go!

About a month ago a fellow cacher placed 7 caches and had them appear on line at exactly the same time. Kinda lucky for us being stationed overseas we had had some incidents with fellow military personell and had been placed on 'lockdown' from like 9 at night till 5 am. So we headed out at 0500 and got 5 of them as a FTF; we were so excited and came home to log only to notice that three more had just posted :) So off we went again...and got one more so our top FTF in a day was 6!

Congrats on your FTF's!!! I know what it's like to have a non-geocaching family. After recently finding my FFTF, they failed to see any reason to get excited. They asked what I got for the FTF and I said I got to put my name on a sheet of paper (container was too small for swag). Then they asked what I got if I found it after the FTF, and I said I got to put my name on a sheet of paper. Then they just walked away to discuss having me committed :)

Congrats on your FTF's!!! I know what it's like to have a non-geocaching family. After recently finding my FFTF, they failed to see any reason to get excited. They asked what I got for the FTF and I said I got to put my name on a sheet of paper (container was too small for swag). Then they asked what I got if I found it after the FTF, and I said I got to put my name on a sheet of paper. Then they just walked away to discuss having me committed :)

Yep.

My family asks: What do you get if you find more caches than anyone else? I say: Nothing. They ask: What do you get if you find them all? I say: A different hobby.

I got text message notifications through the night and after I took my kid to school at 7:00 a.m., I went after the three new caches. Note: These were not set-ups.

I just had to brag as my family could not care less.

Thanks, all.

New caches in my area are never "local", most are at least 25 miles away. I get the emails, and when i logon to look up the cache, many have already been found. And some have 3 or 4 logs within the first hour of getting notified.

Would be nice to get cell phone text messages at alerts.