Tequila: 81 Proof

Tequila

Congratulations to the 3 of you. Its been fun watching your journey and hearing the tales of broken canoes and stuck vehicles. Even better that the 3 of you have shared most of this journey together and all get to log in together ... Well Done!

Sadly we are still 2 away from witnessing the horns for ourselves, but if the CO breathes fire I expect to see pictures :laughing:

Mrs T.

Congratulations to GPS Derek, Skyecat and entogeek! Was really looking forward to you three crossing the T81 finish line. Glad to see that you made it without any canoe mishaps. Congrats again...well deserved.

Kara

Thanks Kara. I very much appreciate your encouragement over the last few months and your trail head coords for one or two caches was very helpful. Hope we cross paths on the trail soon.

Barb

Congratulations to the 3 of you. Its been fun watching your journey and hearing the tales of broken canoes and stuck vehicles. Even better that the 3 of you have shared most of this journey together and all get to log in together ... Well Done!

Sadly we are still 2 away from witnessing the horns for ourselves, but if the CO breathes fire I expect to see pictures :)

Mrs T.

I wish he had been breathing fire as we could have burned up some of those mosquito's that attacked us on the way to and from the cache. Thanks for your good wishes. It was a blast. ;)

I wish he had been breathing fire as we could have burned up some of those mosquito's that attacked us on the way to and from the cache. Thanks for your good wishes. It was a blast. ;)

Those weren't mozzies that were attacking us, they were Tequila's fire-breathing offspring scorching our backs! :)

It sure is a different trek to the cache in the summer. It almost justifies its terrain rating of 5. At least there are no giant hogweed in the immediate area.

It was an honor to accompany Skyecat, entogeek and GPS Derek to the final. Over the past few months they have displayed a level of team playing and camaraderie that is the benchmark for everyone in caching.

A job well done.

At the current rate, we can probably hit 25 finds before the end of the year.

Edit: Fix typos

Edited by Tequila

Found the cache, signed the book, and yesterday morning I found my last combination. Some day I may meet the ALR for the cache.

Ok, someone's gotta ask so it may as well be me. What's the ALR?

I finally hit 81 combinations on Tuesday at Languages in Sudbury, but I've got 2 caches to go for the date restriction on 81 Proof. Is there something else I missed on the cache?

Found the cache, signed the book, and yesterday morning I found my last combination. Some day I may meet the ALR for the cache.

I finally hit 81 combinations on Tuesday at Languages in Sudbury, but I've got 2 caches to go for the date restriction on 81 Proof. Is there something else I missed on the cache?

I don't have the thread link handy. Yes there is an ALR for this cache. ALR = Additional Logging Requirement. Challange caches are exempt from the rule of no ALR.

I don't have the thread link handy. Yes there is an ALR for this cache. ALR = Additional Logging Requirement. Challange caches are exempt from the rule of no ALR.

That's my question, what is THE ALR, not what is AN ALR.

I figured you might be able to answer this quickly, because of what you said above "Some day I may meet the ALR for the cache".

I figured you might be able to answer this quickly, because of what you said above "Some day I may meet the ALR for the cache".

come on, this not clear enough for you?

there's too many rules to read for my attention span :P , there is an ALR?

Yes

That is easy. One is that all qualifying caches must be published before this one.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think I am, but the ALR's are:

1. Log finds on the 81 different D/T combos on caches published before April 8, 2008 (the date restriction doesn't apply to events or CITOs),

2. Log finds on the 8 different cache types listed,

3. Create a bookmark list or provide some other acceptable proof that you have met these requirements.

This is what I did to meet the requirements of this challenge cache. I know of no other Additional Logging Requirement required to meet this challenge.

That is easy. One is that all qualifying caches must be published before this one.

Ok that answers my question. You now qualify for unrestricted Fizzys like the OGA one and CanadianZombie's but you don't meet the parameters for 81 Proof (the date restriction that prevents people from placing 81 caches in Markham just to meet the challenge).

I was thinking I missed something like climbing a tree or wearing a funny hat or something. Thanks for setting me straight.

well it may be mid-late august by the time I get to this one.

To have T81 hit on my #700, I have my final caches lined up:

* FTF for August

* local CREW event

* CITO

* T81

The event is August 19th. If I get a CITO before that (which may be the case), then T81 will be, hopefully, VERY shortly after the event :laughing:

You think it's a challenge to log a cache every day?

Try forcing yourself NOT to find a cache any day. :P

Ok that answers my question. You now qualify for unrestricted Fizzys like the OGA one and CanadianZombie's but you don't meet the parameters for 81 Proof (the date restriction that prevents people from placing 81 caches in Markham just to meet the challenge).

I was thinking I missed something like climbing a tree or wearing a funny hat or something. Thanks for setting me straight.

Well, there is one additional ALR involving horns and fire breathing but that only applies to one cacher.......and she knows who she is. :P:laughing::lol::unsure::unsure:

You just have to make your way to the T81 cache and be able to sign the log while swatting off the man eating mozzies at GZ. lol

I may be mistaken, but I don't think I am, but the ALR's are:

1. Log finds on the 81 different D/T combos on caches published before April 8, 2008 (the date restriction doesn't apply to events or CITOs),

2. Log finds on the 8 different cache types listed,

3. Create a bookmark list or provide some other acceptable proof that you have met these requirements.

This is what I did to meet the requirements of this challenge cache. I know of no other Additional Logging Requirement required to meet this challenge.

Don't forget the bonus of this cache; you get to meet a Geocaching legend in his own mind!

well it may be mid-late august by the time I get to this one.

To have T81 hit on my #700, I have my final caches lined up:

* FTF for August

* local CREW event

* CITO

* T81

The event is August 19th. If I get a CITO before that (which may be the case), then T81 will be, hopefully, VERY shortly after the event :laughing:

You think it's a challenge to log a cache every day?

Try forcing yourself NOT to find a cache any day. :P

I have done both and I can assure you finding a cache every day is much harder.

I don't believe you :P

But then I'd wager it's quite subjective.

From my FindStatGen:

Most consecutive days with finds: 55, from 04/06/2010 to 28/07/2010 (Current streak)

Most consecutive days without a find: 405, from 10/08/2003 to 17/09/2004

I'm gonna say with some confidence the 55 was more difficult to pull off.

I'm not bloody likely to get to 365 so I'm not really trying for that challenge.

I am of course not referring to accomplishing consecutive non-find days, but rather the difficulty of, say, forcing yourself consistently to walk past easy grabs, or going to cache events just to chat, visiting many caches but not logging them, resisting temptations for FTFs, all of that... :laughing:

I mean, in theory, for consecutive non-finds, all you'd need to do would be to quit caching (cold turkey or not). But while "actively caching", forcing yourself to not log caches is or can be just torture :P (and, of course, YMMV)

I don't believe you :laughing:

But then I'd wager it's quite subjective.

From my FindStatGen:

Most consecutive days with finds: 55, from 04/06/2010 to 28/07/2010 (Current streak)

Most consecutive days without a find: 405, from 10/08/2003 to 17/09/2004

I'm gonna say with some confidence the 55 was more difficult to pull off.

I'm not bloody likely to get to 365 so I'm not really trying for that challenge.

Try and keep it up as long as you can. I managed to go 126 days, starting Jan 1, 2010 and finishing 6 May 2010. So long as there were new caches being published locally I was able to pace myself and of course I was still working on a few Fizzy Challenges so there was some planned caching involved, but I am so glad the pressure is off now. It is very difficult to pull off if you are working full time. Luckily I travel quite a bit for work so that was a big help to finding new caches further from home on my lunch breaks. :P

Edited by Skyecat

jeez, i think i've done 5 days straight ... but just because the wife insisted I go pick her up a washing machine 1000km away

Actually that's kinda funny. My current streak started off with me checking FindStatGen for what my longest streak was after 7 years of caching. The answer was "5 days", and my first thought was "For crying out loud I can do better than that". I have been keeping that streak going for a while, half hearted but somehow I'm up at 55 days now. Er 56. Stopped for one on the way home :laughing:

I am of course not referring to accomplishing consecutive non-find days, but rather the difficulty of, say, forcing yourself consistently to walk past easy grabs, or going to cache events just to chat, visiting many caches but not logging them, resisting temptations for FTFs, all of that... :D

i think i'll place a cache right in front of your house. i'll call it "teasing"... :D :D :ph34r:

Edited by dfx

Well, there is one additional ALR involving horns and fire breathing but that only applies to one cacher.......and she knows who she is. :o;):P:):)

Psst .... ALR has been met! Now if only my log would stick :D

Yes it has. LOL Try putting more glue on the log. B)

And it was the most fun signing event yet.

Congratulations on a job very well done. And even more important, you had fun doing it with your friends.

This cache has brought out the absolute best in a number of cachers. And it has brought much needed attention to some really great caches that were being ignored. When I created it back in April of 2008, I had no idea it would create so much activity.

Woohoo!

ONE cache to go, now that I've found TBP.

Got my canoe booked for that cache August 20, and if everything goes to plan I'll be heading to log 81 Proof that evening!

Ummm... you need a canoe to get to T81? ;) Which route are you planning on taking? :P

I need the canoe for the last qualifying cache - D1.5/T5.0 - all the "candidates" within a day's drive are canoe caches. I'm going to target Black River = Paddle for my last qualifying cache. T81 is on the way back so I'll (hopefully) be dropping in on the way home :D

So, after August 19th, do we want to plan some big get-together for a mass signing of Tequila 81? :P

I'd love to meet up with some of y'all and celebrate. hehe

I've got my FTF, my T81 qualification will be complete this coming Saturday with the CITO, and the next week is our local CREW event. After that T81 will be my #700. What's everyone doing on the 21st? ;)

Edited by thebruce0

So, after August 19th, do we want to plan some big get-together for a mass signing of Tequila 81? :D

I've got my FTF, my T81 qualification will be complete this coming Saturday with the CITO, and the next week is our local CREW event. After that T81 will be my #700. What's everyone doing on the 21st? :(

The geek will be there with arms open (fully swathed in DEET) :D in anticipation of previously agreed to Diet Coke delivery. Getting mighty thirsty with these recent spells of high humidity. :P BTW, you arriving by public transit? ;)

Edited by entogeek

So, after August 19th, do we want to plan some big get-together for a mass signing of Tequila 81? :D

I've got my FTF, my T81 qualification will be complete this coming Saturday with the CITO, and the next week is our local CREW event. After that T81 will be my #700. What's everyone doing on the 21st? :(

The geek will be there with arms open (fully swathed in DEET) :D in anticipation of previously agreed to Diet Coke delivery. Getting mighty thirsty with these recent spells of high humidity. :P BTW, you arriving by public transit? ;)

I can be there on the 21st .....