travel bug in us with goal of going to london

If anybody will be in the us particularly virginia i'm trying to help this bug make it to europe

I'm in Vegas April 19th for a week but I guess that's not much help, you could post me the TB.

I'm baffled by this type of thread. Surely the idea of a TB is to get to it's goal by serendipity, if it gets there it does, if not, well there's always another day. We know the post works and if the only reason for setting a mission is to arrive, then stick a stamp on it and send it. The various travels of a TB are surely the point, TB = TRAVEL bug, it's "adventures" are part of the fun. If it gets to Scotland by way of Timbuktu, so what? Send it by post if you must, but to what purpose? Or have I lost the plot? ;)

*cough* newbe *cough*

;) He/she will see thee error of his/her ways sooner or later ;)

yeah your right im a newbie and i guess maybe i was wrong to ask but i figured that people come to my area from all over the place all the time and if anyone was going to be in the area i let them know which cache it was in to take it with them...but what ever im new. ive been into this for all of 6 days now and thanks for pointing it out ...(and people think americans are rude)

*cough* newbe *cough*

;) He/she will see thee error of his/her ways sooner or later ;)

yeah your right im a newbie and i guess maybe i was wrong to ask but i figured that people come to my area from all over the place all the time and if anyone was going to be in the area i let them know which cache it was in to take it with them...but what ever im new. ive been into this for all of 6 days now and thanks for pointing it out ...(and people think americans are rude)

Please don't take the comments too hard as I'm pretty sure that they where not aimed at you, in fact not at a newbie at all.

edit:

I did of course mean the post prior to the "cough" comment.

I Think the "cough" post was incorrectly aimed and a misplaced and inappropriate comment.

Edited by Phillimore Clan

Please don't take the comments too hard as I'm pretty sure that they where not aimed at you, in fact not at a newbie at all.

edit:

I did of course mean the post prior to the "cough" comment, which was incorrectly aimed and a misplaced comment.

My post was neither "aimed" or "misplaced", I was inquiring as to the point of sending tb's by mail. It seems to me to be a pointless exercise, but I am happy to be put right.

edit:

I did of course mean the post prior to the "cough" comment, which was incorrectly aimed and a misplaced comment.

My post was neither "aimed" or "misplaced", I was inquiring as to the point of sending tb's by mail. It seems to me to be a pointless exercise, but I am happy to be put right.

Sorry but I wasn't too clear and what I wrote was not what I meant ;) , shall edit again.

As this post has got confusing already (well at least for me it has), I'm going to try and summarize.

The American newbie (2 days at time of post) has a trackable that wants to go to Europe so posts here to ask if anyone will be in VA to collect it.

Then we get a comment about perhaps posting it ...

Then a comment about Serendipity etc which was valid but a bit harsh, because we don't know the post works, have you seen the amount the Royal Mail loses every year...(Oh, and the USPS has lost a parcel of mine recently)...

At which point it all becomes a bit messy and our poor newbie thinks he/she/they have been insulted. So for the benefit of silenthunder26...

There's plenty of people on this forum that are well acquainted with each other, if only by message, if not in person. The nature of their symbiotic relationship is not easily understood, especially for those with a different view of the world. It's a bit like siblings squabbling, but they love each other really :laughing:

Welcome to geocaching !! :P

As TBs come from the US anyway (well my last ones certainly did), maybe we should get Groundspeak to activate them before sending them to us when we order them. Then we would already have a few thousand miles in the bank before we start. :laughing:

In fact, they're probably made in the Far East somewhere anyway, so they probably have quite a few miles on the clock before they even get to Groundspeak. :P

Surely he/she paid good money for their TB tag?

In which case surely it is entirely up to them how they get it to travel around?

I've sent one to a friend in alaska before now via post because that's where I wanted it to start.

But like has been said this is a *fairly* friendly forum where most micky taking is not meant so don't take any offence.

:laughing:

Surely he/she paid good money for their TB tag?

In which case surely it is entirely up to them how they get it to travel around?

It's not their TB :):laughing:

But like has been said this is a *fairly* friendly forum where most micky taking is not meant so don't take any offence.

Correct! No offence intended or meant

Look smiles! -> :):P:P:):P

*cough*pot/kettle/black????*cough*

I don't deny it. :P

It's not my fault we only discovered geocaching a year ago :P

=I was inquiring as to the point of sending tb's by mail. It seems to me to be a pointless exercise, but I am happy to be put right.

No more (and no less) pointless than putting them into tupperware boxes hidden in hedges, I would have thought.

But hey, what do I know. I'm a (relative) newbie.