If you could only pick two...

CACHE KRAWLER

So here's the deal. I'm busy putting a Bucket List together of Geocaches that I want to log before I die. Yah, I'm young (compared to alot of you :unsure:) but I have this huge desire to go after the great geocaches scattered throughout the Beautiful Northwest.

I'm not much into the numbers game, except when I happen upon a milestone that is (at times like that I've been told that I look like a football player making the winning touchdown dance in the endzone).

Anywho, what I'd like is for you to list your two most favorite geocaches. Wether it's because the trip (hike or drive) getting to the geocache was beautiful, or where they were located had spectacular scenery or because of the sheer thought and design and/or placement of the geocache stood out above all others.

Please make a hyperlink to the cache so that everybody can view it and if you'd like post a pic or two of it. Thanks, Jeeocasher

That's a hard question! One that for sure would be at the top is Half Moon Cache .

I would also have to second Half Moon Cache as my top favorite. Ajetpilot Bruce and I did that one for our 700th find. I remember going down the trail dragging behind Bruce, when he said I don't see what's so great about this place. We rounded a bend with Bruce in the lead when He shouted out"OH MY GOD WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT". I had to catch up to see what was so great. And it was. I think Frank, a logger in Raymond placed that cache two days after joining up. I always think of that cache when I hear people say that cachers should have a hundred finds before hiding any.

Take a look at my avatar on the left. It was taken by Bruce at the Half Moon Cache. Dick

Edited by W7WT

I would have to say GC1169 Mission 9 Tunnel of Light with a 2.7 mile walk through a rails to trails Railroad Tunnel. I would love to do it a second time, but now that I have peripherakl neuropathy I probably not get to.

The picture is myself at the east end of the tunnel (It's at an angle because I was using a self timer and various debris to get the camera at the right angle to get my picture and not just the gravel of the trail.)

d0cd0eb4-59a5-4a37-9b8d-930f1c2bcd66.jpg

I would have to say GC1169 Mission 9 Tunnel of Light with a 2.7 mile walk through a rails to trails Railroad Tunnel. I would love to do it a second time, but now that I have peripherakl neuropathy I probably not get to.

The picture is myself at the east end of the tunnel (It's at an angle because I was using a self timer and various debris to get the camera at the right angle to get my picture and not just the gravel of the trail.)

d0cd0eb4-59a5-4a37-9b8d-930f1c2bcd66.jpg

The Project APE cache was the other one I would have chosen, but it's fairly well known as a Must Do cache.

This is a great topic.... the trouble is, I cannot narrow it down to just 2.

I tried to narrow it down to ONE, and now my list is over 20....lol.

We always pick our one favorite find of the day when we go out powercaching.

...and just for laughs, we pick our favorite DNF of the day.

Just 2 huh..... ok, I'll work on it. :unsure:

Picking only two is really tough!

Hydnsek has created a bookmark list called NW Classics that has many great caches on it.

For the purpose of your bucket list one came to mind almost immediately. The man made object is very unique and seems appropriate for this list, just to see how someone else chose to represent the life of their family, Mausoleum.

I like view caches and this is one of my favorites, although I could recommend several, Room With a View.

Edit for spacing.

Edited by jcar

Bump. Common fellow cachers, let's help each other out here.

As jcar mentioned, you'll find many of the caches already mentioned, plus other consensus favorites, on my NW Classics bookmark list. It was created to answer questions just like this one, from visitors and locals.

Besides the caches mentioned, two others on there that are personal favorites are Purgatory (Mt Pilchuck) and Above the Clouds (Mt St Helens summit trek). And I'm shocked that no one has yet mentioned Ebey Bluffs on Whidbey. (Hmmm, all three of those are by EraSeek...yep, he da man!) :lol: Oh, and you can't leave out Monte Cristo - great mining history. And Washington Pass Cache - stunning scenery. Oh, heck...check out the bookmark list. :lol:

Edited by hydnsek

Bump. Common fellow cachers, let's help each other out here.

As jcar mentioned, you'll find many of the caches already mentioned, plus other consensus favorites, on my NW Classics bookmark list. It was created to answer questions just like this one, from visitors and locals.

Besides the caches mentioned, two others on there that are personal favorites are Purgatory (Mt Pilchuck) and Above the Clouds (Mt St Helens summit trek). And I'm shocked that no one has yet mentioned Ebey Bluffs on Whidbey. (Hmmm, all three of those are by EraSeek...yep, he da man!) :) Oh, and you can't leave out Monte Cristo - great mining history. And Washington Pass Cache - stunning scenery. Oh, heck...check out the bookmark list. :)

I know. But I've already seen all of these and am looking for more input from the Oregon crowd and what not. I've listed all of the great ones in Washington that I can come across but am always looking for more.

Difficult to choose from my 1% list but currently my top two would be:

Frenchman Coulee Rib and

The Air of your Ways

but I have to mention:

The Pipeline and

Canyon Crest

Total agreement with Frenchman Coulee Rib (love all of Bruce B's Missoula Flood caches, but this one's tops) and new classic Air of Your Ways. :)

For me, The Pipeline is no longer on the list, now that the penstock is gone, and the walk along the pipe, with the leaks spraying on you, is history. Even the cache owners note that "it is not nearly as exciting or unique, unfortunately." Sigh. :)

Canyon Crest is on my to-do list. I hadn't heard of it before the Yakima CM.

And I can't believe I forgot Ring of Fire. Definitely one for the Bucket List.

Edited by hydnsek