Looking for ideas/encouragement

Night Hunter

I would love to make my own Personal Coin. Here is the artwork for what I would like to do. Would there be an interest for a coin like this. Should I consider Pre-sales after getting samples made in order to cover the cost of production.

Any input is welcome.

1.5"

250 Trackable w/ Icon

Black Nickel

Soft enamel

About $8

ac0ae7bc-85a6-4521-b4a4-a4fa5c9ac0e5.jpg

9c6e08ee-d730-4484-bb37-e9028e5f373c.jpg

The owl is so cute!! :unsure::unsure:

Here is a very rough sketch of an idea for the front using basically the same art, just changing the layout a little. Here the whole circle behind the owl could be the moon. (It would be cool in glow in the dark enamel, or the eyes of the owl in glow)

owl.jpg

Wow your fast, looking good. :anibad:

I love it. We would buy one. Would you use a glow paint for the moon and the owls eyes?

I had considered glow paint, but didn't know about the cost difference. Also consdiered glow paint for an LE coin for trades only.

The best thing to do is to present your artwork or ideas to a few different mints and get a price quote. I have worked on a few coins, and the glow does cost a little more than regular enamel, but the difference isn't huge (a few cents more per coin). If you have to sell your coins for $8.50 instead of $8, I don't people would complain. :unsure:

It reminds me of our event coin for 2008:

I like the idea of the black leaves against the moon, too!

I love the geobash coins!! I finally got ahold of one of the Racoon ones...I love it! :unsure:

Thanks!

This is a very cool idea for a personal coin - I didn't want the OP to think otherwise. The leaning owl is just too nifty. The glow in the dark does cost some more. but I'm thinking the effect here would be wonderful.

The owl is so cute!! :unsure::unsure:

Here is a very rough sketch of an idea for the front using basically the same art, just changing the layout a little. Here the whole circle behind the owl could be the moon. (It would be cool in glow in the dark enamel, or the eyes of the owl in glow)

owl.jpg

Back on track, This would be very nice , also :anibad:

The owl is so cute!! :anibad::unsure:

owl.jpg

Back on track, This would be very nice , also :unsure:

Something like this?

c9e1fbf9-c10e-411e-b9c2-80126e0ecb62.jpg

I would not have a date on it, not a personal coin, not unless I thought I'd do another one.

I might have "Searching since [date]" or "Hunting at all hours since [date]" if I felt like it.

Still, whatever you want to make it YOUR personal coin, it looks cool and I hope you decide to get it made.

:unsure:

I would not have a date on it, not a personal coin, not unless I thought I'd do another one.

I might have "Searching since [date]" or "Hunting at all hours since [date]" if I felt like it.

Still, whatever you want to make it YOUR personal coin, it looks cool and I hope you decide to get it made.

:D

I like the idea of having caching since..... since it is a personal coin.

I disagree about putting the date (2008) on the coin. I think of coins as pieces of art. Other artists always sign and date their paintings and other artwork.

Also, there are many hundreds of coins in circulation and I like being able to tell when a coin a coin was minted and by who just by looking at it..it saves a lot of time of research.

On my personal coin, I did put both caching since 2004, and the year 2007. I did not plan at the time that I would ever make a second personal coin (I am working on now).

:D