Coin flips

BVnLJ

I take the first post to mean cardboard flips, since you are asking for a 3" by 3" flip. If that's the case, I've never seen them that big. I buy 2.5" x 2.5" flips, with a 1.75" window (2" was discontinued) from a variety of sources. Email me directly if you indeed mean cardboard flips since I'm betting I can't link them in. If you mean plastic, well, I dunno :)

I take the first post to mean cardboard flips, since you are asking for a 3" by 3" flip. If that's the case, I've never seen them that big. I buy 2.5" x 2.5" flips, with a 1.75" window (2" was discontinued) from a variety of sources. Email me directly if you indeed mean cardboard flips since I'm betting I can't link them in. If you mean plastic, well, I dunno :)

Yeah, gonna need the plastic flips. Having trouble locating them

I order my flips from a place called Brent-Krueger. They are located in NJ. I don't think I've ever seen 3x3 flips, but they have them up to 2.5x2.5 and I have to say they are great quality and very reasonable for the price. Fast shipping too each time I've ordered fro them. I get the SafTFlip brand.

If you google them you should be able to find them with no problem.

I order my flips from a place called Brent-Krueger. They are located in NJ. I don't think I've ever seen 3x3 flips, but they have them up to 2.5x2.5 and I have to say they are great quality and very reasonable for the price. Fast shipping too each time I've ordered fro them. I get the SafTFlip brand.

If you google them you should be able to find them with no problem.

Bingo! The Internet is your friend. :yikes:

I'm going to piggy back off this thread, for the sake of not creating a new one to fill up the main page. If the OP isn't cool with that, let me know, and I'll kill it.

I am looking for CARDBOARD coin holders. The white cardboard kind, that flip over and staple shut. In the middle, they have a clear mylar window. Now, you might be thinking, well, heck, you can get those at any corner coin store. That's very true. BUT. The size I use 2.5" x 2.5" square, with a 2" Mylar window have been discontinued. So, the only way to find any is to scrounge them up from overstock backrooms, or from other collectors.

If you know where I can find any of these holders, please email me directly. Thanks in advance.

TMA

I'm going to piggy back off this thread, for the sake of not creating a new one to fill up the main page. If the OP isn't cool with that, let me know, and I'll kill it.

I am looking for CARDBOARD coin holders. The white cardboard kind, that flip over and staple shut. In the middle, they have a clear mylar window. Now, you might be thinking, well, heck, you can get those at any corner coin store. That's very true. BUT. The size I use 2.5" x 2.5" square, with a 2" Mylar window have been discontinued. So, the only way to find any is to scrounge them up from overstock backrooms, or from other collectors.

If you know where I can find any of these holders, please email me directly. Thanks in advance.

TMA

I have been looking for those too since last fall without any luck and have depleted my supply. If anyone has any I'be be happy to share with TMA!

TMA

I have been looking for those too since last fall without any luck and have depleted my supply. If anyone has any I'be be happy to share with TMA!

Are these them, bottom of the page

http://www.centercoin.com/coin_supplies/my...olders_2x2s.htm

TMA

Are these them, bottom of the page

http://www.centercoin.com/coin_supplies/my...olders_2x2s.htm

Yep. And they haven't updated their website since the 2" window was discontinued. I returned all 500 I bought from them that came with the 1.75" window. I did a paypal refund on one company that also "had" 2 inch windows. They just didn't return my emails. I also had to return 2 other shipments from 2 more companies that decided to not update their website.

Believe you me, I've done hours of internet research. :)

TMA

I am interested in getting those plastic pouches that some coins come in. They fold open and have pockets in each side. Are those called plastic flips?

Is this what i am looking for here:

http://www.jpscorner.com/Coin_Flips.htm

(The pic doesn't tell me much.)

What are the velvet pouches that the OP is speaking of? What do they look like?

Thanks!

I have used JPscorner several times and think they are excellent. They also did a search for me for the coin flips with the 2" opeings that we have talked about above without any luck.

This is a quick picture of some of the velvet pouches that some coins come in. the Rainbow Bridge coin and the Liardtoadz decoder coins are two that come immediately to mind.

Velvet Pouches

Hello!

Are flips, the plastig case the geocoins are inside?

I was wondering something.... since I am a coin (real coin) and banknote collector I know that plastic cases (naylon ones) are damaging the coins! Isn't that happening with the geocoins too?

Is there a possibility that the geocoins after some period and because they are travelling and maybe exposed to sun, water... may have damages like coins too? Just asking! ;)

Being a coins & banknote collector of course, has nothing to do with geocaching! I do not see geocoins as coins, but as something completely different! :)

Hello!

I was wondering something.... since I am a coin (real coin) and banknote collector I know that plastic cases (naylon ones) are damaging the coins! Isn't that happening with the geocoins too?

Is there a possibility that the geocoins after some period and because they are travelling and maybe exposed to sun, water... may have damages like coins too? Just asking! :)

Being a coins & banknote collector of course, has nothing to do with geocaching! I do not see geocoins as coins, but as something completely different! ;)

yes, if you leave your geocoins in the plastic sleeves they come in, over time the sleeves will damage the coins.

Thusly the the coin safe cardboard flips I am searching for. :)

FWIW, binder pages also damage coins over time.

TMA

I have my odd-shaped ones on display in the little stands that dwprods sells. Anyone have any experience with long-time exposure to just air? Or do I really need to put them in the mylar flips? I also was unsuccessful in getting the 2" opening ones, and those would not even handle some of the newer thick, odd-shaped ones.

Hello!

Is there a possibility that the geocoins after some period and because they are travelling and maybe exposed to sun, water... may have damages like coins too? Just asking! :)

Being a coins & banknote collector of course, has nothing to do with geocaching! I do not see geocoins as coins, but as something completely different! ;)

Interesting post. I have sold regular US and foreign currency coins to a local dealer for a long time. It is a very reputable Pawn Shop which deals in serious currency coins, civil war items and jewelry. I shared my collection of Geocoins with him a while ago and he, too, asked the same question. About damage from the nylon flips. He also recommended getting them my flips and into archival containers - the containers being searched for or the round screw type containers with the gasket.

All that being said, I have PMd The Moop along group with contact information for this shop as he has a fantastic inventory and just might have what you are seeking. I hope so and will be watching the posts here.

Lastly, there was another reason (this may be off topic) I shared my collection with him. It is only a matter of time before our Geocoins will be marketed to Pawn Shops. If they know what they are looking at, they may better help capture folks who muggle the coins or steal collections.

Guess, I better be measuring coins and starting to shop!

Hello!

Being a coins & banknote collector of course, has nothing to do with geocaching! I do not see geocoins as coins, but as something completely different! :)

Interesting post. I have sold regular US and foreign currency coins to a local dealer for a long time. It is a very reputable Pawn Shop which deals in serious currency coins, civil war items and jewelry. I shared my collection of Geocoins with him a while ago and he, too, asked the same question. About damage from the nylon flips. He also recommended getting them my flips and into archival containers - the containers being searched for or the round screw type containers with the gasket.

All that being said, I have PMd The Moop along group with contact information for this shop as he has a fantastic inventory and just might have what you are seeking. I hope so and will be watching the posts here.

Lastly, there was another reason (this may be off topic) I shared my collection with him. It is only a matter of time before our Geocoins will be marketed to Pawn Shops. If they know what they are looking at, they may better help capture folks who muggle the coins or steal collections.

Guess, I better be measuring coins and starting to shop!

You aren't going to share the "contact info" :);)

Any one have an idea where I could get 3 x 3 flips and "velvet" pouches at a reasonable price ;)

try this site. it might be what your looking for.

http://www.centercoin.com/coin_supplies/co...ettes_flips.htm

Mike

I already gave TMA that site in post #13 above. they responded in #14

Dang web site people not updating the site.

I`ve been using there 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 self sealing with 53mil openings.

Edited by IBcrashen

Any one have an idea where I could get 3 x 3 flips and "velvet" pouches at a reasonable price ;)

try this site. it might be what your looking for.

http://www.centercoin.com/coin_supplies/co...ettes_flips.htm

Mike

I already gave TMA that site in post #13 above. they responded in #14

Dang web site people not updating the site.

I`ve been using there 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 self sealing with 53mil openings.

yes but somehow this thread went from them looking for 3X3 flips to discussing how 2X2 were discontinued. but the site we both gave has 3X3 on there.

just my thoughts,

Mike

You aren't going to share the "contact info" <_<:rolleyes:

Wasn't sure if ok to post here - if not I can edit am sure someone will tell me - They do not have a web site or email that I know of - it is: Maritime International, 89 Central St, Bangor, ME 04401-5109, 207-941-8372 The shop owner is Paul. Be extremely specific with him and let him know your difficulties in your search. I hope he is helpful.

And regarding the eduation about the storage of our "coins" - Paul had warned me a while ago those little pouches they come in will "eventually" ruin the coins. Some of the legal tender coins I sold him would have been worth a lot more had they been stored better. Geocoins are not different - metals need to be protected properly.

Edited by hollora