Micros in the woods

Okiebryan

How about:

At the end of the day, a good rule of thumb is to choose the container that you feel is best for your cache.

Keeping in mind the other rules of thumb, ....
...that you will never please everyone.
:yikes:

Also, some people will just never be pleased.

... and that some people are only pleased when they are complaining about something.
How about:

At the end of the day, a good rule of thumb is to choose the container that you feel is best for your cache.

:grin:

... and that some people are only pleased when they are complaining about something.

And some people are only pleased when they are complaining about others complaining about something! :yikes:

How about:

:D

And some people are only pleased when they are complaining about others complaining about something! :yikes:
And some people are only pleased whan they are complaining about others complaining about others complaining about something. :grin:
How about:

:D

And some people are only pleased whan they are complaining about others complaining about others complaining about something. :grin:

And some people will only be please when this thread gets locked.

Not only get rid of them in the woods, get rid of them all together!! ;):D

I hope you don't mind a few nosy questions. I'd really like to hear what you have to say about this---because of what I read in your profile. (I only skimmed it in places, I didn't go page by page)

Your profile shows just a few over 100 finds, even though you're listed as a charter member since 2003. You haven't logged a cache since March of last year, before that you did two caches in Sept of '06, and a handful in May and Nov of '05. You have a dozen or so caches hidden, and at least the few I checked are still being found and enjoyed. It's an interesting profile... either you seldom go caching, or you have one of the best tended 'sockpuppet' accounts I've ever seen.

I don't see many micros on your account history, but the few you have found you wrote nice little notes about the hike to them. Your own caches seem to be well placed and/or well tended and fairly well visited. I read on one that some folks found it recently and it hadn't been found in some time, but it was in pretty good shape.

My nosy questions: Is this a "real" account (ie your main account, etc) and Why is it that someone who seems to "get" geocaching so seldom goes geocaching? And finally why then show up suddenly in the forums to grouse so passionately against a kind of cache they haven't been subjected to much anyway?

edeted fer spalling

Edited by Neos2

We are all out there today in broad daylight. Scoured everything within a 30' circle of GZ. Skunked on all 3. I HATE MICROS IN THE WOODS. I wouldn't have even looked at these except they haven't been found yet.

A good option to avoid "Micros in the woods" is Terracaching.com where the users rate the worthwhileness of other cachers hides, the ones that more people do not like are often archived quickly, I.E. Micros in the woods, but ones that are worthwhile get constantly sought out.

Edited by Rostropovich
A good option to avoid "Micros in the woods" is Terracaching.com ...

I heard it's also a good option if you want to avoid caches in general. :D

I thought was Navicache? :D

That's just like when caching first started.

Yeah. The day it started. Maybe the day before.

Oh come now. There are at least 5 in my town. 6 when I get around to listing that one cache that I replaced and this site archived.

A good option to avoid "Micros in the woods" is Terracaching.com ...
I heard it's also a good option if you want to avoid caches in general. :D
I thought was Navicache? :D
That's just like when caching first started.
Yeah. The day it started. Maybe the day before.
Oh come now. There are at least 5 in my town. 6 when I get around to listing that one cache that I replaced and this site archived.
My town has none, but there are 6 within 50 miles of me. I think about half of them are cross listed on gc.com. Edited by sbell111

<snip>

Your profile shows just a few over 100 finds, even though you're listed as a charter member since 2003. You haven't logged a cache since March of last year, before that you did two caches in Sept of '06, and a handful in May and Nov of '05. You have a dozen or so caches hidden, and at least the few I checked are still being found and enjoyed. It's an interesting profile... either you seldom go caching, or you have one of the best tended 'sockpuppet' accounts I've ever seen.<snip>

It is possible to use the site to find caches and locations and then choose not to log them. A person can be a very prolific user of the site and just not log the activity. It is another way some play the game. I don't know if that is what this person is doing and I'm not speaking for them, but there is an alternative.

Personally, I've been playing since 2003 and haven't logged 300 finds in over 4 years. There are several caches I have found and not logged. I play at a different pace and for reasons I enjoy. Sometimes I filter out the micros, sometimes I don't. And yes - I generally subscribe to the "don't like it, don't look for it" premise.

My point is, just because they aren't logging them, doesn't mean they don't encounter them.