Advice needed after non-delivery of GC order

cincol

Greetings All

Not sure where to place this topic but here goes anyway. :huh:

I placed an order for Goecoins in mid-November. I received a confirmation of the order and notice that it had been despatched. [international p&p charged and paid for.] To date nothing has been received. Even more frustrating, numerous e-mails to the supplier have been blatantly ignored! :)

Is there anybody that has had a similar experience? What can I do about it? Should the supplier be "named and shamed" on this Forum?

I look forward to ideas / suggestions. :D

H+appy caching

cincol

Greetings All

I placed an order for Goecoins in mid-November. I received a confirmation of the order and notice that it had been despatched. [international p&p charged and paid for.] To date nothing has been received. Even more frustrating, numerous e-mails to the supplier have been blatantly ignored! :)

Is there anybody that has had a similar experience? What can I do about it? Should the supplier be "named and shamed" on this Forum?

Happy caching

cincol

Greetings All

Not sure where to place this topic but here goes anyway. :D

I look forward to ideas / suggestions. :huh:

Happy caching

cincol

I bet that someone in the 'geocoin discussions' area of the forums can give you specific help, but I would generally do a couple of things. First, check the webpage for any telephone number for them. Second, how did you pay? If you paid by credit card, call your bank to get a chargeback working. If you paid by paypal, file a complaint.

Often, bad sellers will ignore emails, but wake up once you start the process to take your money back.

Edited by sbell111

Well, I hate to say this, but you are going to have to let someone know what coin it is, and what vendor you are working with. Not for the purpose of slamming that vendor, mind you. If we know the story, we can :

A-- Point you to the right thread, with possible updates of that particular coin and its progress

B-- Point you to a more feasible email or contact method with that seller

C-- Give you feedback as to whether or not anyone else has received their coins, and how long it took. You were certainly not the only one to order whatever coin it is.

Feel free to PM someone, including me, if you'd like someone here to research it.

TMA

Greetings All

Happy caching

cincol

I bet that someone in the 'geocoin discussions' area of the forums can give you specific help, but I would generally do a couple of things. First, check the webpage for any telephone number for them. Second, how did you pay? If you paid by credit card, call your bank to get a chargeback working. If you paid by paypal, file a complaint.

Often, bad sellers will ignore emails, but wake up once you start the process to take your money back.

I agree with sbell111. I had been waiting for months for some coins and not a single response to my emails. I statred a paypal claim and boom...the emails from them started. They said they were sending responses to me but my system was losing them...which was bull but at least I got hold of them finally.

Edited by Theotokos

Feedback to all so far

Within hours of this thread appearing on the Forum I have suddenly received a response to my e-mails! They must obviously read the Forum and have realized that my name here is also the same as my e-mail address and they better respond.

The supplier has claimed that International Postage - [i was charged $5-25 + $6-06] can take up to 90 days for delivery. Well, they have 30 days left.

Incidently, I have order numerous items from other suppliers and have never waited longer that 21 days for delivery.

I wonder??

Happy caching

cincol

Well, actually, delivery can vary tremendously. I'm not going to speak out of turn about international delivery schedules, since I don't know them.

But, I will tell you that I just had a package I sent from Ohio to Oklahoma take 22 days, and I'm waiting on one to arrive in California where today is the 20th day. So, sometimes things just go haywire. 6 weeks for my stuff to Canada is not uncommon either. I've also heard of a few shipments to Portugal lately that were 6 weeks.

Overall, I'd say the shipment is lost, IMHO. But, now that you are back in contact with the seller, you can either get your money refunded or coins reshipped. If the seller is indeed a reputable seller on these boards (and has more stock) I would hope a 2nd shipment is already in the air. You both can deal with the original shipment (pay for it, or send it back) if and when it arrives.

TMA

I've had that happen before. I ordered coins and waited and wait for a couple months before writing the company. The company looked up the tracking number and sure enough the package had gone missing. They were more than happy to send a new package my way. And that one arrived within a couple of days.

Feedback to all so far

Within hours of this thread appearing on the Forum I have suddenly received a response to my e-mails! They must obviously read the Forum and have realized that my name here is also the same as my e-mail address and they better respond.

The supplier has claimed that International Postage - [i was charged $5-25 + $6-06] can take up to 90 days for delivery. Well, they have 30 days left.

Incidently, I have order numerous items from other suppliers and have never waited longer that 21 days for delivery.

I wonder??

Happy caching

cincol

Hi cincol,

Only just came across this thread and was wondering if you got the coins or not.

I would say rubbish to any claim that it can take up to 90 days for delivery. That would be if it went surface mail, but the prices you were charged are obviously for International Air Mail, which should only take several weeks max under normal circumstances.

That said, sometimes packages go missing, or take interesting detours (I had one come from US to NZ go via the UK, South Africa AND Australia - it arrived 11 months after being posted!). If it has not arrived after 6 to 8 weeks the coin vendor would usually count it as missing and re-dispatch if you contact them. I therefore find it interesting that they are suggesting 90 days!

Anyway, hope you received your geocoins.

Cheers,

Craig

I've had a coin I purchased from someone here in the forums that hasn't arrived. The transaction was about three months ago. It was tracked as far as a city about 2 hrs from me and fell off the USPS radar.

For me, it doesn't seem to be the seller's fault. My Postmaster says it is probably in a mail bag that wasn't checked properly and hasn't been used since. I figure it will turn up.

I've often wondered if I should get some tracking info when I ship coins for trade, but the USPS says they can't do that unless the envelope is upgraded to Priority (shipping cost goes from ~$1 to ~$5) or meets some other size requirement (which also implies heavier weight & more shipping cost). I do see comparable sized/weight envelopes from some of the stores I buy from come with tracking numbers. How are folks able to get tracking info for the typical size 000 bubble mailers that coins tend to get shipped in?

Feedback to all so far

I wonder??

Happy caching

cincol

Hi cincol,

Only just came across this thread and was wondering if you got the coins or not.

I would say rubbish to any claim that it can take up to 90 days for delivery. That would be if it went surface mail, but the prices you were charged are obviously for International Air Mail, which should only take several weeks max under normal circumstances.

That said, sometimes packages go missing, or take interesting detours (I had one come from US to NZ go via the UK, South Africa AND Australia - it arrived 11 months after being posted!). If it has not arrived after 6 to 8 weeks the coin vendor would usually count it as missing and re-dispatch if you contact them. I therefore find it interesting that they are suggesting 90 days!

Anyway, hope you received your geocoins.

Cheers,

Craig

Ha ha, I remember that 11 month package. I was the one that sent it, that was an interesting route it took! I still think that may be a record for SLOW delivery!

How are folks able to get tracking info for the typical size 000 bubble mailers that coins tend to get shipped in?

It's called bubble wrap :( The USPS rule for delivery confirmation, insurance, etc. is for packages (parcels) that are thicker than 3/4". So, if you want a package tracked, wrap the coin in bubble wrap, old mailers, newspaper, whatever. You just need to "bulge" out the middle of your package to 3/4" or thicker. If you don't want it tracked, then leave the coin as is.

TMA

I've often wondered if I should get some tracking info when I ship coins for trade, but the USPS says they can't do that unless the envelope is upgraded to Priority (shipping cost goes from ~$1 to ~$5) or meets some other size requirement (which also implies heavier weight & more shipping cost). I do see comparable sized/weight envelopes from some of the stores I buy from come with tracking numbers. How are folks able to get tracking info for the typical size 000 bubble mailers that coins tend to get shipped in?

With my recently shipped 2008 Maine Pirate Quest Event coins I was able to do tracking within the US. It is a First Class packet...(and these were not 3/4" - I just told the postal person it was a game token similar to a coin - the package was bubble and I had wrapped the coin in the receipt)....the weight and First Class Postage plus $0.75 (right now - before the weight price increase) for Delivery Confirmation (this is delivery confirmation only not full tracking - but meets Paypal requirements). If you purchase postage on line it is less expensive.

Prices for 1 coin were $2.05 (which included paid at the post office tracking - I ate $0.05 per coin - but that is ok). If I had purchased on line, it would have been less expensive. Out of country this service is not available.

Hope this answers your query.

Edited by hollora

We do most of our postage either at USPS site or though paypal and they both have the delivery confirmation as required(paypal) option (USPS) was paid and printed there we have never had one have issue being tracked. It does not show exact details but shows it was recieved, shows delivered.

Hope we ave helped a little.