Geocoin Kids...

mousekakat

I have two children. Little Lizard (almost 7) is definately my caching buddy and fellow coin addict. When the teen wants to hang with friends or is off with scouts, Little Lizard is rarin' and ready to go.

He has been bugging me to let him have his own handle on geocaching.com so he can "discover" all the coins we find! So cute he is catching on. I was thinking about getting him a coin of his own for the holidays, but am worried about the email thing. How do you guys handle that? Use my own email?

I'd post a pic, but don't know how to do that. I think a post card trade is a great idea!

WOW! Great response! 39 records are on the little spreadsheet!

If you are interested, send me your email and I'll give you permission to access the document.

Due to the nature of this document and it having general information about kids on it, only parents with children listed will be granted access to the document.

There are no addresses listed on the document. It will be up to you to contact the family who is willing to be penpal or otherwise and get the address from them. Again, this is to protect the kids, no other reason ;)

Naomi ;)

If you are interested, send me your email and I'll give you permission to access the document.

Due to the nature of this document and it having general information about kids on it, only parents with children listed will be granted access to the document.

There are no addresses listed on the document. It will be up to you to contact the family who is willing to be penpal or otherwise and get the address from them. Again, this is to protect the kids, no other reason ;)

Naomi ;)

Didn't realize that there was going to be a spreadsheet ;);) !

Naomi ;)

Didn't realize that there was going to be a spreadsheet ;);) !

It's not published publicly... and it's got no more info on it than what was posted here. Just made it easier to read ;) If you want, you can remove your name from it.

I'll send you an invite, I've got your addy ;)

Naomi ;)

It's great to see so many other geo-kids enjoying this sport and reaping the rewards. Rarely do our kids not join us in the hunt.

Aside from butterfly coins I'm afraid there just don't seem to many 'girlie' coins out there to spark the interest of Princess Butterfingers (8), so for now she has settled for sig items;). Hawkeyes (10) on the other hand will look over each and every coin in detail. I believe was his favourite coin was a geocaching dragon belonging to a local cacher that we moved along. His other love is pins but they seem a little harder to find than coins but a whole lot cheaper <_<

I think it would be fabulous for the kids to have a penpal that share common interests. What a great thread!!!! Thanks

You should have an invite now. Anyone else want an invite?

Naomi :anibad:

I do I do! I've sent you an e-mail...but I'm rather new on the forums so I really have no idea if I'm doing this right?!!? :P

Hi Zackem,

do you have kids that cache with you? Tell us about them!

Naomi :ph34r:

Well it's actually my kids that got me into geocaching!!!! We were taking a walk one beautiful fall day this year in a local park near our house, when they said they had found a little box of treasures while walking there with their Dad the year before. So their mission was to find it again and show me. Sure enough they remembered where it was, this is a pretty huge park, and showed me where they had signed in the book. I later researched it, the cache was clearly marked, and went on the website and I've been hooked since. My daughter {10yrs almost 11} and my son {9yrs} are my full time geocaching partners! My stepdaugher {9yrs} is my part time geocaching partner. The kids love it! For the first few cahes we didn't have a GPS and we would walk in circles half the time but it was time together. We like having our "own" little family "tradition".

Well it's actually my kids that got me into geocaching!!!! We were taking a walk one beautiful fall day this year in a local park near our house, when they said they had found a little box of treasures while walking there with their Dad the year before. So their mission was to find it again and show me. Sure enough they remembered where it was, this is a pretty huge park, and showed me where they had signed in the book. I later researched it, the cache was clearly marked, and went on the website and I've been hooked since. My daughter {10yrs almost 11} and my son {9yrs} are my full time geocaching partners! My stepdaugher {9yrs} is my part time geocaching partner. The kids love it! For the first few cahes we didn't have a GPS and we would walk in circles half the time but it was time together. We like having our "own" little family "tradition".

That's a pretty good story! I think before we started caching, if my kid pulled a box out of the bushes at any of the parks here, no matter how nice the neighborhood, I'd be pretty freaked out!

Now everywhere we go we wonder where the cache is :-)

If you decide to do a round 2, I have a couple of geocoin kids of my own who would love to be involved:

- Sutter (aka Mr.Moo) is my main caching buddy. He's the typical kid who may complain about leaving the house to run errands, but will be the first one to run up a hill to get to a cache! He now has his own small collection of coins and is always looking for ways to earn some cash to buy more. In fact, a coin was one of his favorite b-day presents - he just turned 10 today! (www.sutterlaird.com)

- Amelia (aka Amoolia) is just over 14 months old and enjoys going out caching, especially those where she gets a good ride in the stroller. Of course, now that she's walking, her favorites are those that she gets to toddle to! (www.amelialaird.com)

The big kids Google 'address book' is adding a field to its spreadsheet for birthdays. While this is great as my birthday is right around the corner and will give you all the opportunity to send me all your spare coins ( :) ) mightyzinn and I have been having fun sending out packages and we'd love to be able to send out packages to kids on this list for their birthday.

Any other interest in this for the kid spreadsheet? And if so, could a field be added?

The big kids Google 'address book' is adding a field to its spreadsheet for birthdays. While this is great as my birthday is right around the corner and will give you all the opportunity to send me all your spare coins ( :) ) mightyzinn and I have been having fun sending out packages and we'd love to be able to send out packages to kids on this list for their birthday.

Any other interest in this for the kid spreadsheet? And if so, could a field be added?

Good idea - just month and day - can we do this?

I don't see why not, someone just needs to go in there and add another column B).

I'd do it, but I STINK at spreadsheets and I don't think you guys want me in there messing with all of it and potentially deleting it all, roflmao!

Naomi :)

I added it :) It's right next to the age column. So everyone, go fill in!!

Stacey