GPX to Memory Map without GSAK

Custheyder

Okay

I've written it. Now it's yours for FREE. It's a desktop PC application that converts Pocket Query GPX files into CSV files that Memory Map can import.

Optional support for either hotlinking to CacheMate or to Geocaching.com cache page.

This is an initial release, so let me know what you think or how you'd like to improve it. I'll post into "GPS Devices and Software" once a few folk have had a play and we're happy it's playing as "most" people want it to.

Linky Thingy to GPXtoMM

Cheers

Cust.

Edited by Custheyder

Because GPSBabel doesn't support custom icons like Lordelph's or hotlinking as far as I'm aware. I stand to be corrected though. I did it as an exercise... because I could ...and now offering it back to the Geocaching community. Anything wrong with giving something back to the community? :laughing:

If you have other methods, that's fine. It's just another one that some folks might find easier. :mad:

Cust.

Custom directory is easy... can do that in a few moments. If you don't use CacheMate, you don't have to use my app and can quite happily import the GPX directly. No one is forcing you!

I wrote it for myself and have put it out for anyone else interested. It's FREE for goodness sake!

I don't use GSAK and I don't use GPSBabel. If your happy with what you do... crack on!

It might be pointless to many... but f it's useful to just one other person, great!

Cust.

(not feeling encouraged to anything else for the community)

I'm happy with what I have already, but do appreciate it when anyone does something which will help a few people out, so cheers for that. One thing I really would love to have is a way of getting a gpx file to create a userdata.mmo file (Memory Map PDA overlay file) on the PDA directly (or maybe via Cachemate). I have no idea if it can be done though.

Cheers,

Stuey

I'm happy with what I have already, but do appreciate it when anyone does something which will help a few people out, so cheers for that. One thing I really would love to have is a way of getting a gpx file to create a userdata.mmo file (Memory Map PDA overlay file) on the PDA directly (or maybe via Cachemate). I have no idea if it can be done though.

Cheers,

Stuey

[Thread hi-jack] I think Rutson was working on this one, it is something I would like as well. [/Thread hi-jack]

Cust

I was not getting at you or your application, I was just correcting a statement you made about GPX Babel, that is all. If you carry on and develop more features into your app, I'm sure it will become a good tool for the armoury.

Moote (The Friendly Geocacher)

Cust

I was not getting at you or your application, I was just correcting a statement you made about GPX Babel, that is all. If you carry on and develop more features into your app, I'm sure it will become a good tool for the armoury.

Fair enough, could someone pass me my toys back please?.... got the format for the mmo fils handy? I can do ppc apps as well.

I was considering GPX back to HTML files and hotlink to those from Memory Map for non Cachmate people. All simple click the button stuff.

Cust.

So let me see.

Someone gives away something that he feels some may find useful.

Then gets kicked in the k******s for it.

Good one!

?????????????????????????

I've had a look back through, and there's no k******s kicking in this thread at all.... just comment - and not even negative comment....

Edited by keehotee
So let me see.

Someone gives away something that he feels some may find useful.

Then gets kicked in the k******s for it.

Good one!

?????????????????????????

I've had a look back through, and there's no k******s kicking in this thread at all.... just comment - and not even negative comment....

I agree, I think the most negative comment is the comment which you have quoted, maybe my first post could have been seen as negative, accepted; but I did back it up with a later post clarifying what I meant, by just correcting a slight inaccuracy about GPS Babel.

Keep up the good work Cust, and if we have any ideas for improvement, or possible expansion of your great tool, lets all post them here.

Edited by Moote

Help needed, I can get the file to convert and transfer to my ppc I double click the icon and it opens the cache mate page, brilliant. What I am having trouble with is getting Lordelph's custom icons to work. what is it I am doing wrong ?All I get is blue blobs in memorymap. The icons are in C:\Program Files\GSAK\ICONS

Edited by Madjon and Suz

Help needed, I can get the file to convert and transfer to my ppc I double click the icon and it opens the cache mate page, brilliant. What I am having trouble with is getting Lordelph's custom icons to work. what is it I am doing wrong ?All I get is blue blobs in memorymap. The icons are in C:\Program Files\GSAK\ICONS

If you put "C:\Program Files\GSAK\ICONS\" into the "Memory Map Icons Directory" box, all should be fine when you import the file.

Let me know how you get on.

Cust.

Edited by Custheyder

Excellent - thank you........

Is there any way to get hints into the MM properties box?

I'll have a look and see what I can do. Might be able to add them somethere, after decoding them.

Cust.

Edit: Wish granted! .... Hints will now appear in the comments. I had to strip out the line feeds though to make it work. Good luck!

Edited by Custheyder