Cache Pins - 10 Yr Old collecting

Hi folks,

My 10 year old son has been collecting pins that we have found in caches, he has quite a few from the local area in small town Ontario, but I thought it would be fantastic for him to be able to get a bunch from different areas.

We have purchased some geopins, but we are looking for the more varied pins that have been scattered around the caches such as state pins or similar.

I'd like to collect what I can and put them all together as a gift to him from 'cachers around the world'. :laughing:

If anyone has any they are willing to send then I'm sure he would love it B). If necessary we can look at a way of covering postage, but please let us know in advance.

Thanks for listening.

Any pins can be sent to:

Pins for Nick

Box 133,

Waubaushene. ON

Canada.

L0K 2C0

I'll see what I can come up with you for you guys! Do they need to be strictly geocaching pins, or pins of any sort?

It's for pins of any sort. A lot of regular pins are fairly unavailable here in the great white North. :P

It is not necessary for it to be new, he's just a 10 year old collecting for fun :)

Thanks to the others who replied already, I appreciate it.

We collect lapel pins as well. Not just from geocaching, but from anywhere we travel to. Can I ask how you display them? We bought a styrofoam type board at the local office supply store in a frame and simply poke them in there. We write the place we got it and the date next to it (it was once knocked off the wall and we had to try to figure out what went where so we take periodic pictures of it) :D The lower half is quickly filling up with geocaching pins we have collected so far. I will try to send a Flight For Life pin (as soon as I can find some time) or possibly one of my pathtags. :mad:

We are about to get our trackable pins that we ordered for our children. My 10 year old daughter said she will put one in the mail for Nick. The pins have a southern girly theme and are trackable so if he has a geocaching account he can activate it. :D

Our pins should be here within the week so be on look out later this month.

Oh that would be fabulous, thank you very much. I know he will just think that is awesome. Please thank your daughter too, that was very kind of her.

Oh, boy... I smell another Craig Shergold incident coming!

In 1989, a 9-year-old British boy named Craig Shergold was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. To cheer him up, people close to Craig came up with a brilliant idea: a campaign soliciting get well cards from the public in hopes of landing his name in the Guinness Book of World Records.

The campaign went rather well. A chain letter started by Craig's friends and relatives netted well over a million cards in under a year, and he won the world record handily.

But the cards kept coming. And coming. Somewhere around the 30 million mark — this would be early 1991 – the Shergold phenomenon caught the attention of a wealthy American philanthropist, who arranged for Craig Shergold to receive brain surgery.

That, too, went rather well. Most of the malignant tumor was successfully removed, and Craig's cancer went into remission.

But the cards kept coming. And they're still coming, to this day — a total of over 350 million at last count. So Craig Shergold, now a healthy, happy 22-year-old, has expressed a new wish on behalf of himself and his family: for the cards to stop coming.

It's unlikely his new wish will ever come true, unfortunately. The Craig Shergold (or Craig Sheppard, Sherold, Sherwood, Shirgold, Shefford or Sherford, depending on which of the many variants is at hand) chain letter has proven unstoppable — especially once it found its way onto the Internet.

Nor does it seem to matter how often Craig and his family appear in the press and beg for the torrent of misplaced sympathy to stop, as they have repeatedly done for the past 15 years; Craig Shergold the legend has superceded Craig Shergold the real person, and may well outlive him — even if the real person lives to be a hundred.