Gettin' an error when I try to sign into GC.com

TomboyTex

:laughing: Don't know what's goin' on but first, the Favorite that usually takes me to My Account Details...didn't work. Then I went to the geocaching.com (via typing the address). It showed me as not logged in. So, I clicked on Log in and that's when I get the error. It simply won't allow me to log in. Now, I managed to log in HERE...but not there.

Are ya'll doin' maintenance or an upgrade...or something that's interfering with log in? Also get a message when going to gc.com about Google map key of some kind?

Perhaps I should go eat dinner and try again later...

:lol: Don't know what's goin' on but first, the Favorite that usually takes me to My Account Details...didn't work. Then I went to the geocaching.com (via typing the address). It showed me as not logged in. So, I clicked on Log in and that's when I get the error. It simply won't allow me to log in. Now, I managed to log in HERE...but not there.

Are ya'll doin' maintenance or an upgrade...or something that's interfering with log in? Also get a message when going to gc.com about Google map key of some kind?

Perhaps I should go eat dinner and try again later...

I am getting the map key error, and can not log in so I guess its GCHQ, upgrading :laughing:

I'm seeing that, plus when I try to click on a cache description on the geocaching.com/my page I get:

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at c3po.Groundspeak.com:8080

As long as I'm here because I can't use the main site properly, I might as well add that I've been seeing my old nemesis, Server Error in '/' Application pretty regularly over the last couple of weeks.

Took a second try before I could get past this when I tried to get into the site this morning:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[sqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +45

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +5

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.FillDataSet(String sql, String TableName, Database database) +150

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlUserController.GetLogHistoryData(Int64 AccountID, WptDataSources DataSource) +60

Groundspeak.Web.User.GetRecentLogHistoryData(Int64 UserID, WptDataSources DataSource) +32

Geocaching.UI.my_default.BindLogList() +36

Geocaching.UI.my_default.DisplayUserDetails() +1787

Geocaching.UI.my_default.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +56

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1331

Geocaching.UI.my_default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +218

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2407; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2407