Change to the Geocaching.com Google Map

MartyBartfast

Yeah, it's one of the many "improvements" that was brought in along with all the rest the other week, which was then removed after too many bit of the site broke.

They've also re-introduced the calendar selection on the logging pages.

At the moment if you have imperial selected in your profile, you get MM/DD/YYYY, but if you have metric (lets not get into all that again), the date is in UK friendly DD/MM/YYYY

I believe Jeremy was asking about date and distance formats at the London event this week, so hopefully they'll come up with a better option for us all.

I must be missing something too!! Whats all the excitment about??

For the second time in about 10 days or so, they brought in a new version and then almost immediately rolled-back on the old version. I quite liked the new one while it was there last night but I guess TPTB were not satisfied for some reason :)

(edited to add link)

Edited by JeremyR

Has anyone else had experience of the map loading and then it taking forever for the cache list to appear?

Yes, happened to me all the time with the old/current version, it was one of the things that really annoyed me about it.

The new version that was there last night has been rolled back, but it was streets ahead of the old/current version so here's hoping they bring it back soon....

I much prefer the map however I do miss the named list. Sometimes when i'm looking for a specific cache its easier to zoom the the area and spot it in the list!

You are also limited to a maximum search area of 15miles so you have to zoom in until you see the caches.

Otherwise this is a HUGE improvement!!!

I also see that if you use Internet Explorer Version 7 and you open up 5 caches then you can no longer work out which tab is for which cache as the cache page title has been changed to something like

Geocache GCQWERT in United Kingdom called Find this if you can by Irate Cacher..."

and so all that is displayed on each tab is Geocache GC...

Edited by Big Wolf
I also see that if you use Internet Explorer Version 7 and you open up 5 caches then you can no longer work out which tab is for which cache as the cache page title has been changed to something like

Geocache GCQWERT in United Kingdom called Find this if you can by Irate Cacher..."

and so all that is displayed on each tab is Geocache GC...

Does it not work like Firefox where you hover over the tab with the mouse cursor and the full title appears - as if by magic!?