why is a FTF geocoin called that

the pooks

Why is a FTF geocoin called that. I'm under the impression that FTF stands for First To Find - but that does not make much sense.

Thanks

Cache owners may leave an unactivated coin in their cache as a reward for being FTF.

FTF Geocoins- "usually" let you keep it for your own personal collection for being FTF.

I have this FTF coin travelling FTF Braggin' Coin

It's mission is to be placed into a new cache to be retrieved by the FTF, then in turn for them to create a new cache for the coin to be once again placed in to, and so the cycle contiunes <_<

Now that is a cool idea!! <_<

I just awarded a FTF coin to the first DeLorme Challenge completer in our state. I have the challenge set for 2 tiers so the other tier finishers will get one too - just a different one. It makes a really nice prize and memory for that very hard FTF.

I have this FTF coin travelling FTF Braggin' Coin

It's mission is to be placed into a new cache to be retrieved by the FTF, then in turn for them to create a new cache for the coin to be once again placed in to, and so the cycle contiunes :wub:

I've got a similar coin but it hasn't gotten very far as the finders have prefered to think of it as an FTF Prize. Also we're pretty competitive when it comes to getting FTFs in our community so the coin only travels among the usual suspects.

As for the OP.... FTF makes more sense than a Virtual Ghost coin, doesn't it?? :laughing: