I plan to attend ?

Fuchsiamagic

On the top of the "My Account Details" page, there is something worded "I plan to attend (in the next 30 days)".

Where does this information come from and how do you go about putting some entries in there? It doesn't seem to be connected with the bookmarks or watchlist sections.

It's a special kind of log option you can choose on event caches. It let's the organizer know how many people are planning to attend the event. After you attend an event, you can choose to write an "attended" log, which gets added to your find total.

It's a special kind of log option you can choose on event caches. It let's the organizer know how many people are planning to attend the event. After you attend an event, you can choose to write an "attended" log, which gets added to your find total.

Thanks. That's odd because any events I have ever attended, I have added a note telling the organiser I plan to attend, then afterwards I log it on it's page as for a normal cache and it updates my total as normal.

Thanks. That's odd because any events I have ever attended, I have added a note telling the organiser I plan to attend, then afterwards I log it on it's page as for a normal cache and it updates my total as normal.

Next time, instead of posting a "Note", post a "Will Attend" log.

That is actually a recent addition. If you post a "Will Attend" log, then the web site automatically puts a reminder in that area of your "My Account" page. It is an interesting feature and gives you a shortcut to the cache page for dropping bugs as the event nears and such.

I like the "Will Attend" feature..... now the inevitable BUT. I would like to see the date displayed to be the date of the event instead of the date that you say you will attend. Request, not demand. ;)

:D

I second that request. I do not need to see when I logged a "Will Attend" I need to see the date of the event.

Also:

If you post a "Will Attend" more than 30 days before the event it will disappear after 30 days. I would like to see it up to and including the date of the event.

I like the "Will Attend" feature..... now the inevitable BUT. I would like to see the date displayed to be the date of the event instead of the date that you say you will attend. Request, not demand. ;)

:D

I second that request. I do not need to see when I logged a "Will Attend" I need to see the date of the event.

Also:

If you post a "Will Attend" more than 30 days before the event it will disappear after 30 days. I would like to see it up to and including the date of the event.

Same here, I already have 2 events logged, one as late as October that I will attend. I'd like them to appear 30 days before the event, and stay till the day after it occurs.

Right now it's not helping me much, as it vanishes before I really need it to log in TB's. Maybe it will get fixed in the next site upgrade.

How are you getting it to vanish? I have an event that happened 14 July 2007 which I posted both "Will attend" and "Attended" and it is not going away off my page. Perhaps I need to nudge the owner of the listing to archive it?

It says "I plan to attend (in the next 30 days)" but no such limit applies. GC14NF4 is on my list, but that event is more than two months in the future.

I thought I would be clever and change my "will attend" log date to the event cache date, but the system declares "date error" and won't let me.

I sure would like to see the system use the event date instead of the log date to prepare this part of the report.