seattle type puzzle

FosterFour

A Seattle type puzzle is one which can only be found while you are holding a cup of coffee, and it's raining. :lol:

Seriously, I don't know either. Hopefully someone from the area will see this thread and give a serious answer. I did notice that there are LOTS of puzzles in Seattle. I excluded them from my pocket queries so I don't know what they're like. Generally there are some pretty creative hides in that area and I bet the puzzles are no exception.

A Seattle type puzzle is one which can only be found while you are holding a cup of coffee, and it's raining. :(

Seriously, I don't know either. Hopefully someone from the area will see this thread and give a serious answer. I did notice that there are LOTS of puzzles in Seattle. I excluded them from my pocket queries so I don't know what they're like. Generally there are some pretty creative hides in that area and I bet the puzzles are no exception.

You forgot while wearing our birkenstocks. :lol:

As a Seattle area cacher, I honestly have no clue what that is. We've solved a lot of puzzles - my husband has a running excel sheet of co-ordinates to puzzle caches (aver 40 ATM) we need to get around to finding - and I see no common theme in them.

Sorru I can't be of help

New to geocaching. Have seen some clues in local area that are Seattle type puzzles. What are Seattle type puzzles? Thanks. FosterFour

Can you point us to a cache that had that reference? As far as I can tell we have quite a bit of variety, I can't think of anything that would make us unique, unless it is the hide location they are talking about, we went through one phase where I swear all the puzzles I was finding were all at one type of location.

I will have to admit that I coined that term. Because Seattle is the home to Geocaching and Seattle is the home to computers it refers to any puzzle that needs you to get into the inner workings of the computer to solve, e.g. the answer is hidden in the Source Code, or it has something to do the with dimensions of the picture. My brother is a well known "evil" cache hider in Seattle and when he was helping me put some out in Maine he thought that I should give no clues at all but I felt it necessary to "warn" the Maniacs what type of puzzle it would be. (And having a cup of coffee in hand doesn't hurt) :laughing:

I will have to admit that I coined that term. Because Seattle is the home to Geocaching and Seattle is the home to computers it refers to any puzzle that needs you to get into the inner workings of the computer to solve, e.g. the answer is hidden in the Source Code, or it has something to do the with dimensions of the picture. My brother is a well known "evil" cache hider in Seattle and when he was helping me put some out in Maine he thought that I should give no clues at all but I felt it necessary to "warn" the Maniacs what type of puzzle it would be. (And having a cup of coffee in hand doesn't hurt) <_<

Tell us who your brother is so we can give him noogies the next time we see him. :blink:

I will have to admit that I coined that term. Because Seattle is the home to Geocaching and Seattle is the home to computers it refers to any puzzle that needs you to get into the inner workings of the computer to solve, e.g. the answer is hidden in the Source Code, or it has something to do the with dimensions of the picture. My brother is a well known "evil" cache hider in Seattle and when he was helping me put some out in Maine he thought that I should give no clues at all but I felt it necessary to "warn" the Maniacs what type of puzzle it would be. (And having a cup of coffee in hand doesn't hurt) <_<

I've heard that term before as well and never knew what it meant. Now I do! Thanks!

Tell us who your brother is so we can give him noogies the next time we see him. :huh:

I know who he is and he deserves a few noogies. :blink:

I have never heard of the term "Seattle type puzzle" but I would say in general....they mean that they are HARD! I agree with the person who referred to knowing the complete inner workings of a computer to do some. When I first started caching I heard that Redmond at one time was a hotbed of particularly difficult puzzle caches...well, it is the home of Microsoft, isn't it..but that now Seattle has taken over as the hotbed of hard puzzles...I wouldn't be able to say much about most of them since I don't do many...when it comes to knowing about the computer, or engineering, for God's sake... or finding an obscure number in a film, or knowing about electrical engineering...I either pass or find someone who can do them...however, Markta's Sudoku puzzle (Do You Sudoku?) turned me on to Sudoku, which was a minor addiction at one time...it took me about 2 years to finish Dr. Nellie Bad's Green Lake puzzle cache. But again, there are also some fun ones, like the Totally Tubular ones that everyone likes. I guess it just depends on who you are...