Was I a Muggle?

As I cache more and more, and find caches in areas that I frequented before being knowing of geocaching, I find myself wondering: "Was I ever a muggle?" Such is to ask, was I ever hanging around a cache site while a cacher was trying to cache? Of course there is no way of knowing (unless any Arizonians recognize me), but I can't help but to wonder. Then I get frustrated by thought of something as awesome as geocaching going on for years before I ever found out. ERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Why didn't someone tell me sooner? Anyway, anyone know of a time when they were a muggle and didn't know it? Or when you were a muggle and ran into a geocacher?

I was out hiking a popular trail nearby last summer. Came across an ammo can near an overlook on the way. It had official looking markings on it, so I left it alone.

Found out about geocaching a few weeks later. There is a geocache at that location, haven't revisited it yet to be sure, but am pretty sure it was the cache. Funny thing, the cache was placed just about the same time I was hiking up there. Wonder how close I was to FTF? :D

The first cache I found was by accident while hiking. I swiped it (sort of knew what it was, but

didn't want to open an ABS tube where noone could hear me cry for help after my arms are

blown off), read then the 'don't remove this!' notice, felt bad, etc etc, returned it & logged my first

find! The rest is history.

About a year before that, I saw people climbing a rock face overlooking a highway. I was interested

in bonsai at that point (and still am, having killed my first attempts at cultivations notwithstanding) and

figured that's what they were at. Turns out the owner of my first find had also placed one on that

rock face too & that's what the peeps climbing were really after. Small world!

Edited by Friendly Goat

The day I punched in my home coordinates for the first time, I got a big surprise... the nearest cache to my home is 136 ft. away. You can actually see the container from my kitchen window. :blink:

My house has a steep hill behind it and at the top of that hill is a busy road. We've had problems with neighborhood kids standing at the top of the hill and throwing rocks down at our house. So when I see someone "loitering" at the fence at the top of my hill, I go out in the backyard and watch them. I have, on occasion, shouted... and once or twice had to turn the hose on some kids.

Today I know that there's a Geocache hidden at the location that most of the loitering takes place. Now, I go out and wave... but back then I was the worst of muggles! :huh:

Let me apologize in advance if I hosed any of you down. <_<

DCC

No.

<_< You don't mince words, do you?

I wasn't a muggle either. Most of the caches around here were hiking caches when I started. Not being from around here, I never even knew where most of the cool hiking spots were around here until I started geocaching. :P Edited by TrailGators

I know we were. We found out about geocaching from a camper that was next to us in Florida. When we got home, put in our home cords and there were 3 on our road. We were shocked! No wonder there were people on that bridge and at that stop sign. We have drove past those past two of them wondering what they were doing on our road. We have several family farms on our road and you never know. Well now I know.