East Anglia Forum...does that cover Essex?

How can Essex be East Anglia?

Mainly because Essex was part of the Kingdom of East Anglia which had its cultural and administrative centre in southeast Suffolk/northeast Essex. If that's not a good enough reason then linguistically the dialect of the Tendring Hundred is East Anglian.

As the ole shepard say afta he hit his head a'going in the door o his shed:

Oh my hut, I hully hut my hid on my hut!

;):mad:;)

How can Essex be East Anglia?

Mainly because Essex was part of the Kingdom of East Anglia which had its cultural and administrative centre in southeast Suffolk/northeast Essex. If that's not a good enough reason then linguistically the dialect of the Tendring Hundred is East Anglian.

It wasn't traditionally though. First it was a seperate kingdom, then it was part of wessex and then it was given over to east anglia

Thanks for all the replies.

I had to ask the question because when I see something that says 'East Anglia' sometimes it only covers Norfolk and Suffolk, other times it includes Cambridgeshire and sometimes Essex is included. Wikepedia says that Essex is included so I guess that's that!

Most of the time Essex is included in the 'South East England' area (which it is) but that also includes Kent!

YES, I know what you're thinking "But how can Essex be included in the same area as Kent?, Kent's tunnel rat country!" :) ..........I realise that I'm now going to get Garden of England, Essex compost heap and Dartford crossing quips from those good folk living across the Thames from me..........but please again........I've heard them all :unsure:

I'll join the East Anglia Forum if that's OK

Many thanks,

TLHM

I'll join the East Anglia Forum if that's OK

Many thanks,

TLHM

Coming from Suffolk and having lived in Essex too, I'd say it is DEFINITELY East Anglia. I don't think there's any doubts.

But what about Bedfordshire?

We're neither Midlands, East Anglia, Home Counties or South East.

We get Anglia TV, Anglia Water, part of the original Eastern Electricity Region etc.

But we still can't decide where we are.

FYI, our trains are called WEST ANGLIA! :unsure::):unsure::)

But what about Bedfordshire?

What's a Bedfordshire? Never heard of it. Sounds like you're in 'No Man's Land', do you wear a tin hat and keep your head down a lot.......? :). I think you should be part of East Anglia........everybody else seems to be :unsure:

I get my electricity from EDF (Electiricty De France) and Water from Anglian Water!!!!! :) Is there an East Aglifrench forum?

Oh I am Sooooo glad we're just part of North West cachers for our regional forum!!! Makes life soooo much easier...

If you're north of Birmingham, West of the Pennines, East of Ireland and South of Scotland you can join!!! How easy is that!!?

Mind you - we also welcome softy southerners who have a link to the area, don't we Liane!!

Oh I am Sooooo glad we're just part of North West cachers for our regional forum!!! Makes life soooo much easier...

If you're north of Birmingham, West of the Pennines, East of Ireland and South of Scotland you can join!!! How easy is that!!?

Mind you - we also welcome softy southerners who have a link to the area, don't we Liane!!

Oi! I'll have you know I am a honorarararary norvener now and I drink pints of beer, I even drink straight outta the bottle too. Pass us me flat cap. :unsure::) I might just go and have a peek at the East Anglia forums now and start a thread calling 'em shandy drinkers, tee hee. :)

"Softy Southerners"

I'll have you know that we have Xtreme Caching down here........there's at least two caches where we have to walk past gates with 'Beware of the Dog' signs and some very nasty stinging nettles :o

I've seen 'Emerdale'.....so go feed your whippet with some black pudding and don't forget to put your flat cap on :)

:) No get a real dog! It's called a yorki terror (I may have got that wrong) B):):):D:D

Oi! I'll have you know I am a honorarararary norvener now and I drink pints of beer, I even drink straight outta the bottle too. Pass us me flat cap. :o:) I might just go and have a peek at the East Anglia forums now and start a thread calling 'em shandy drinkers, tee hee. :)

Liane...

They'll only let you in if you tie your whippet up outside!!

xxxxx

As far as the East Anglian Cachers Forum is concerned we include Norfolk Suffolk Essex Cambridgeshire Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire into East Anglia.... anyone who caches in or near any of the above will be made most welcome...... even if you are only coming from up north for a holiday or a caching weekend (you know who you are) :o

Dave