No automated message from Geocaching on newly published caches

Dale n Barb

Last night just by chance we looked at nearest unfound caches and there was a new cache! But no automated email has been sent out. The cache was published sometime after 10 pm and it is after 8 am this morning and still no email. Has anyone else noticed this? Of course we were lucky enough to share a FTF with our friends, but unfortunately for everyone else, they don't even know it's out there.

I noticed this late last night as I headed out at midnight for a FTF after discovering a new cache fairly close.

I know that the notification 'signup' does specify that it is 'experimental' and you shouldn't count on it (like who doesn't :laughing: )

It wouldn't surprise me if it is tied in with all the other issues gc.com seems to be having the last few days.

I just logged a bunch of caches, TB's and geocoins that were on 'watched' booklists or mine and didn't get notices either. This has been an ongoing problem for months......now we cant edit our own TB's or geocoin pages either :D

But sometimes the e-mail notifications will come in a few hours behind but most of the time its days or not at all.

I just got several "new cache notifications" and all of them already had the FTF logs on them. It looks like the caches were Published yesterday, in the late afternoon. :D

For Premium Members, if you have a PQ for "New Caches" that "Haven't been found yet," you can Preview that throughout the day if you want to make sure you aren't missing any newly-Published caches because the Notifications are broken.