New Feature Request

FireRef

I have trouble remembering which caches I have done and which ones I haven't. Sometimes I have to take the time to search through the logs to find out if I have found the cache, or even searched for it. Could we have a simple line added to the cache listing, when we're signed in, that says something like "You have found this cache!" or such?

It would be similar to the feature in GSAK which puts that line at the top of the listing. It doesn't need to be at the top, but that would be helpful - maybe after the "hidden" date on that line. Something like "Found it!" or something simple like that.

Another idea, but this would become somewhat complicated, would be listing the types of logs posted by you for caches, in addition to the number of all types of logs posted. I know there are some counting problems with these cache log counts at this point, and that it is being worked on. I don't think this would be nearly as valuable as simply putting a "Found it!" high on the cache page, but it is another idea.

Comments? Suggestions? Doable?

I have trouble remembering which caches I have done and which ones I haven't. Sometimes I have to take the time to search through the logs to find out if I have found the cache, or even searched for it. Could we have a simple line added to the cache listing, when we're signed in, that says something like "You have found this cache!" or such?

It would be similar to the feature in GSAK which puts that line at the top of the listing. It doesn't need to be at the top, but that would be helpful - maybe after the "hidden" date on that line. Something like "Found it!" or something simple like that.

Another idea, but this would become somewhat complicated, would be listing the types of logs posted by you for caches, in addition to the number of all types of logs posted. I know there are some counting problems with these cache log counts at this point, and that it is being worked on. I don't think this would be nearly as valuable as simply putting a "Found it!" high on the cache page, but it is another idea.

I also like this idea!

:laughing:

It's early, maybe that's why I'm confused. From "My Account" page, over to the right I have an option of searching for caches from my home coordinates. It's list them all, and a red check mark is next to the ones I've found. There is also the "Filter Out Finds" option too, so it only lists caches you haven't found.

:laughing: I absolutley LOVE the new little map at the bottom of the cache pages right above the logs. If you click on that, it brings up all the caches near the one of that cache page, with a list of them to the right, with little smiley faces on the ones you've already found. You can zoom in and zoom way out. Too cool. For me it's a simple way to look for caches in an area, since I'm not quite up on dealing with the pocket queries. Mr. B handles that.

Also on a cache page is that list of options, one being "find all nearby caches, / I haven't found. If you click the haven't found option, if you've already found that cache it won't show up at the top of the list.

:lol: Anyway, please excuse me, I'm sure you already know all this, you've been caching much longer than I!, but it just seems there are already so many ways to determine if you have found a cache or not.

That said, I have had your exact thought on the tb pages. With all the Diabetes Tags floating around, I'll pick one up, and wonder if I've already logged it or not. So, I can see the advantage to maybe a little checkmark showing up on the tb page to indicate that you have or have not logged this bug already without having to look through the logs of the tb to see.

Enough rambling, time to go to the store this morning,

have a great day,

Ms. B :laughing:

:laughing:

It's early, maybe that's why I'm confused. From "My Account" page, over to the right I have an option of searching for caches from my home coordinates. It's list them all, and a red check mark is next to the ones I've found. There is also the "Filter Out Finds" option too, so it only lists caches you haven't found.

:laughing: I absolutley LOVE the new little map at the bottom of the cache pages right above the logs. If you click on that, it brings up all the caches near the one of that cache page, with a list of them to the right, with little smiley faces on the ones you've already found. You can zoom in and zoom way out. Too cool. For me it's a simple way to look for caches in an area, since I'm not quite up on dealing with the pocket queries. Mr. B handles that.

Also on a cache page is that list of options, one being "find all nearby caches, / I haven't found. If you click the haven't found option, if you've already found that cache it won't show up at the top of the list.

:lol: Anyway, please excuse me, I'm sure you already know all this, you've been caching much longer than I!, but it just seems there are already so many ways to determine if you have found a cache or not.

That said, I have had your exact thought on the tb pages. With all the Diabetes Tags floating around, I'll pick one up, and wonder if I've already logged it or not. So, I can see the advantage to maybe a little checkmark showing up on the tb page to indicate that you have or have not logged this bug already without having to look through the logs of the tb to see.

Enough rambling, time to go to the store this morning,

have a great day,

Ms. B :laughing:

I know there are lots of other options. I'd just like to see one one the cache page itself. There are a number of times where I'm looking at the caches on my phone, using the normal web interface (I didn't even address the WAP interface... - I do use this sometimes), and it would save a ton of time to see a little check mark on the page near the top, or "Found it" near the top, to clearly indicate for that cache that I've already found it. As someone else indicated, this used to be on the cache pages, and was (for some reason) removed. I'd like to see it come back.

THe idea of knowing if one has been to a cache by showing a checkmark on a cache page is good, but in most cases you would know on the previous search page that you had visited it (unless of course you are looking at a bookmark list).

But I DO love the idea of having checkmarks next to travel bugs & geo coins that you have handled (picked, placed, grabbed or discovered, or even notes). There are way too many travelers and looking at someones profile you can't tell how many that travel in the small orbits of my friends.

I know it has been a busy day for Jeremy and the other people at GS - but I am interested to see if this is something that can be done - seems like it would be a quick fix.

There are many "quick fixes" to the database that could be done, and haven't.

It would be similar to the feature in GSAK which puts that line at the top of the listing. It doesn't need to be at the top, but that would be helpful - maybe after the "hidden" date on that line. Something like "Found it!" or something simple like that. <snip>

Lately, after signing up for notifications for "Archived" caches, I can really see the benefit of this. If I found the cache two years ago, I don't always remember, when I bring up the page for the newly-Archived cache, whether I found it or not. It would be very handy to see a check mark on the page. idea.gif

As it is now, I have to download the .gpx file, open it in GSAK, and then, in cleaning up the database, will see whether I found it or not. Knowing with a glance at the page that I found that cache would prevent me from having to download that .gpx file. thumbsup.gif

THe idea of knowing if one has been to a cache by showing a checkmark on a cache page is good, but in most cases you would know on the previous search page that you had visited it (unless of course you are looking at a bookmark list).

But I DO love the idea of having checkmarks next to travel bugs & geo coins that you have handled (picked, placed, grabbed or discovered, or even notes). There are way too many travelers and looking at someones profile you can't tell how many that travel in the small orbits of my friends.

That is nice, but there are a lot of times I go to a cache page from some external link. I rarely go from the list of caches generated in various forms.

That is nice, but there are a lot of times I go to a cache page from some external link. I rarely go from the list of caches generated in various forms.

I'm the same way. I guess I could click on nearest caches to see if I've already found it....

I've been on this bandwagon since I first saw it posted a couple of years ago (I think). It would be especially useful now that all those notification options are available. I get notifications of all disables, enables, and archives and after almost 4 years I sure can't remember all the caches I've done.

And although the previously mentioned greasemonkey script works (or at least used to before the site changes - don't know about now) it is not the be-all and end-all for this situation. Many folks can't or won't go to another browser and others (WAP, dial-up, etc.) can't wait for all cache logs to load so the scripts (it takes 2) to do their jobs. Some caches have so many log entries that I don't even want to wait on them to load when I'm on broadband.

Yes, please move this feature onto the 'do it soon' list!

I'd love to actually see a To Do List of what's in the works at Groundspeak. Especially the V.2 site changes that have been mentioned in the Announcements.

It has been stated many time by TPTB that such a list is not going to be published. Being in the IT business for quite some time, I understand that stand. We'll just have to wait and see! :D

I'd love to actually see a To Do List of what's in the works at Groundspeak. Especially the V.2 site changes that have been mentioned in the Announcements.

It has been stated many time by TPTB that such a list is not going to be published. Being in the IT business for quite some time, I understand that stand. We'll just have to wait and see! :D

Amen. If everybody I'm involved with knew what was on my to do list, they would pester me to reprioritize to get their favorites done. Even though "No" is an answer, the explanation demanded is a waste of time that could have been better spent working on that to do list. It's that waste of time that puts me in the wrong frame of mind.

I think this is a great idea also (and have said so in previous posts). What I would like is a big smiley (or red check mark) on the top of the page if a found log is posted, else a big frowny if a DNF has been posted.

Of course this would not need as much if they would add an option to the notifications to only send if you have not found the cache.

I have access to two computers, one uses firefox with the script monkey that puts the note date at the top of each cache page, the other doenst. It is sure nice, when going to a cache to be able to quickly tell when I was their last, even if it is just to drop off a travel bug. Funny when I am using the MSIE computer, i really miss that feature.

I would just like to add my vote for a big red check mark at the top of the page. I just went through my "todo" bookmark list this way.

- Click next cache.

- View all logs

- Ctl-F for Tharagleb

- Ctl-F again for any log of mine

- Return to Bookmark list

- Delete cache if log found

- Goto step 1

It would just make my whole life so much easier if there was a big red check mark on found caches.

I would just like to add my vote for a big red check mark at the top of the page. I just went through my "todo" bookmark list this way.

It would just make my whole life so much easier if there was a big red check mark on found caches.

I would also like it. With over 700 caches found, I can't remember them all. I look up a lot of caches when I get the notification of changes to the cache e-mail, so there is no notification that I alrready found the cache.

Not that we have a MASSIVE number of people that are interested here, but I would like to know what it would take for Jeremy or one of the other techie people at GS to respond and indicate if this is something that could be done, if it could be done relatively easily, or if it is likely to be done. Thanks in advance!

Not that we have a MASSIVE number of people that are interested here, but I would like to know what it would take for Jeremy or one of the other techie people at GS to respond and indicate if this is something that could be done, if it could be done relatively easily, or if it is likely to be done. Thanks in advance!

Burn baby burn!