Does size matter?

PlantAKiss

:(

Quick question...if you are using camo on a cache container, does that effect the size rating? In other words if you have very small/micro container but the camo used on it makes it "large", do you count only the actual container itself when rating it? I would think that would be the case but I wouldn't want people mad at me for selecting micro but finding a basketball-sized camo container. :( I have something rather special in mind...

Thanks!

Fake hornets nest, eh?

Good question though. Is it the size of the outside container or the room inside it?

If I was planting a TB it would be the inside that would determine it.

If you couldn't actually remove the 'thing' holding the logbook I guess it would be larger. Maybe.

Edited by BlueDeuce

:(

Quick question...if you are using camo on a cache container, does that effect the size rating? In other words if you have very small/micro container but the camo used on it makes it "large", do you count only the actual container itself when rating it? I would think that would be the case but I wouldn't want people mad at me for selecting micro but finding a basketball-sized camo container. :( I have something rather special in mind...

Thanks!

You should base it on the interior size, for the benefit of those looking for caches that will fit travel bugs.

There are two ways of looking at it. One is to base it on the size of the interior so people will know if they can trade TBs and what size, if any, trade items to bring. The other is to base it on the overall size, so searchers have an idea of what they are looking for.

The way I would do it is if the container is actually part of the larger object (meaning built into it), I would rate it using the overall size. If on the other hand it's small container that can be removed from the larger item, I would probably rate it using the size of the actual smaller container

I have a cache that fits the description of what you are trying to do. The cache itself is a small (film canister). The fact its within another container (large) along with a whole heap of other things cache related (decoys) and this container is then inside another container (in situ, bloody huge) just adds to the experience. The cache itself is listed as a small. The cache description states "this is a small cache, with a big twist.

I have not had a negetive log placed about this cache. In fact, in the main, the logs have all raved about how well its done. I have accompanied a couple of cachers on the hunt for this particular cache, and the look on thier faces on finding it is priceless, only surpasses by the look on their faces when the twist reveals itself.

Cheers

Bundy

;)

Quick question...if you are using camo on a cache container, does that effect the size rating? In other words if you have very small/micro container but the camo used on it makes it "large", do you count only the actual container itself when rating it? I would think that would be the case but I wouldn't want people mad at me for selecting micro but finding a basketball-sized camo container. ;) I have something rather special in mind...

Thanks!

My rule of thumb is that if you can fit a tennis ball in the container than it is a regular. If you can fit a golf ball than it is a small. If you can only fit a marble then it is a micro.
Fake hornets nest, eh?

lol Actually I had never seen a fake hornet's nest until just last Friday. Didn't know those existed.

This would be a natural object with a hole cut into it to accommodate a waterproof match container. The container would be removable from the object itself. The object could be removed but preferably not to reduce wear-and-tear. I would consider the actual cache the match container (with "large camo") and thus a micro. I have seen a bison tube stuck into a brick and yet it was labeled a micro (discounting the size of the brick). I guess I'm thinking micro because it will be removable and it wouldn't accommodate anything but very small trade items.

Thanks for all the input. :unsure:

I recently found a cache with this in the description:

While this is listed as a small (not a micro), and you will see why, it contains only a log. Bring your own stylus.

This told me the size of what I was looking for, but also that it wouldn't be suitable for any swag or TBs.

Edited by gnbrotz