Finished the last state needed to have cached the lower 48

W7WT

The old man and his lovely wife Arlene found our last cache in Michigan this morning. We have now cached in each of the lower 48. This winter we will celbrate our 60th wedding anv. by geocaching in Hawaii. Then we

will go visit our son in Alaska and finish our goal of caching in each of the 50th states. Right now we are setting in a KOA in Gaylord, MI with a very weak WiFi. Not sure when we will be able to get WiFi access again. Miss the great PNW. Dick & Arlene

The old man and his lovely wife Arlene found our last cache in Michigan this morning. We have now cached in each of the lower 48. This winter we will celbrate our 60th wedding anv. by geocaching in Hawaii. Then we

will go visit our son in Alaska and finish our goal of caching in each of the 50th states. Right now we are setting in a KOA in Gaylord, MI with a very weak WiFi. Not sure when we will be able to get WiFi access again. Miss the great PNW. Dick & Arlene

Good job.. I followed you (or did you follow me?) through Utah last year.. we even got the same travel bug..

Yay!!! What fun. ;)

I've been to 49 states, but not cached in them all by any means! Perhaps someday. I'm still waiting for my husband to take me to Hawaii for an anniversary to finish my 50th off. :P:P

I'm looking forward to hearing when you finish all the states!

Edited by Ambrosia

Dick, you set a great example for cachers and caching. You play the game the way you see fit and you do it for your own enjoyment instead of impressing others. We have always thought that you embody the true spirit of caching.

Dude, you and your Dudette, Arlene, both ROCK!

Very Nice Dick and Arlene!!!!!! You guys are the the role models of us beginner cachers. You'll have all 50 before we all know it! Look forward to seeing you when you get back, and hearing the stories of the adventure you two are on. Enjoy yourselves!!!!

Dick,

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- you are amazing! You have inspired a lot of people with your enthusiasm and vigour in pursuing this game that we all enjoy, and have set a great example for us to follow. I can't wait to read your posting telling us that you've finished all 50, and are going to Disneyland to find that mystery cache reserved for those who have completed the ultimate Delorme challenge!

I think you mixed up your hobbies. :laughing:

certificate.jpg

Congrats. Sounds like a great adventure. Maybe geocaching should have awards, like hams do.

We have already worked WAS in every band from 6M to 75M. As the old movie titled "Once before I die"

we have already been in every state but wanted to cache in every state. This will probably be our last trip like this. I am 82 and Arlene will be 81 in August. Thanks to everyone. Dick & Arlene