Groundspeak store at GW5

I was disappointed that more merchandise was NOT available....hats, different lanyards....

I also messed up by not ordering the GW5 coins when I registered...wrongly thinking that I would be able to get at the event. Yeah, I could and did order 4 of them at $12 each........I believe that they were $7 if you preordered.

Still waiting to receive my coins.

-hostanut

The coins were $8 in advance, not $7. The 60-70 that we sold at the event went for $10. The overhead of an additional small order and the cost of packaging and shipping will account for most of the difference between 10 and 12 I suspect. By the way, we did post online in several places that the availability at the event would be limited and they were available at the GW5 online store beginning in late Jan or early Feb.

As for the Groundspeak store, while I don't have all the details, I can say that our order to them was cut because they didn't have the merchandise on hand to send us (even though they knew what was ordered by GW4 in TX and that we'd be placing a similar or larger order and the date of GW5 was no secret). We're hoping that GW6 has better luck getting them to plan ahead for their order.

We're sorry that everyone who wanted a coin didn't get one, but doesn't that happen with any popular coin that is made and sold?

I really would have loved to pre-order a few myself but I didn't look hard enough because I never found a place to order them. :P

I did buy one from the Groundspeak tent for $12 at GW5 though. I still have not received it, almost a month later. I was told they would be mailing them in a week. Unfortunately they also said they were out of reciepts. I'm getting a little worried I'll never see the coin at this point. All the proof I have is my contact information written in a notebook somewhere.

Has anyone else received their GW5 coin that they ordered or does anyone know the status of that order?

Hah! I knew it! I knew it! There was a Geowoodstock controversy.

Looks like they tried to sweep it under the rug and failed.

:P:P;):P

There were still a few people at GW5 asking about pocket caches. I just directed them over to Jeremy. :)

The only controversy I had heard of was Snoogans saying he wasn't wearing a thong when asked by all the kids playing Geowoodstock Bingo.

:P:):P:)

There were still a few people at GW5 asking about pocket caches. I just directed them over to Jeremy. ;)

The only controversy I had heard of was Snoogans saying he wasn't wearing a thong when asked by all the kids playing Geowoodstock Bingo.

I wonder who started that rumor... :P

:D:):D;)

There were still a few people at GW5 asking about pocket caches. I just directed them over to Jeremy. :P

I wonder who started that rumor... :P

Thong sounds soooo... girly. They make 'em for guys ya know....

I prefer the term BANANA HAMMOCK. It's more manly. :):P

I really would have loved to pre-order a few myself but I didn't look hard enough because I never found a place to order them. :ph34r:

I did buy one from the Groundspeak tent for $12 at GW5 though. I still have not received it, almost a month later. I was told they would be mailing them in a week. Unfortunately they also said they were out of reciepts. I'm getting a little worried I'll never see the coin at this point. All the proof I have is my contact information written in a notebook somewhere.

Has anyone else received their GW5 coin that they ordered or does anyone know the status of that order?

If you go on the GW5 site and check the message boards it appears the order was actually sent off (for production) earlier this week. So despite the delay we will hopefully get our coins soon. I too am waiting and put my name in the 'notebook' Though I have no idea how long it takes to produce a coin.

I really would have loved to pre-order a few myself but I didn't look hard enough because I never found a place to order them. :)

My coin came yesterday! Yippee!!! Thank you NCGO again for all your hard work making GW5 such a great success. And thanks Kenny for the kind offer to help me get one if the one I ordered never made it.

Got my coin too. It looks great. Thanks for a great time. I'm still trying to replicate horsegeek's skirt steak, but am getting wonderfully close.

Thanks,

~erik~

Edited to add, skirt steak is the "beef BBQ" we ate, has nothing to do with dresses, thongs, or other articles of attire. Not even valve stems.

Edited by erik88l-r