Actual Artwork

Rhaegar's Jewels

For our coins, me or my wife come up with an idea and she plays with it in paint until she has a basic idea and then we send it to an coin artist and she plays with it until we are happy with it. You can use other programs like photo shop and other picture programs. There are artists you can hire to make your artwork, you tell them what you want and they will draw it until you are happy, for a charge of course. If you have some basic art and want to see what my wife can do with it send it to me and I will have her do her magic.

Matt aka Socalgeocoins.com

Hook up with a good designer.... browse sites like www.cointracking.com so you get an idea what people are doing... If you see some that you like consider trying to ask the coin owner who did the design.....

A few of my coins, like my license plate, where completely my idea. I told my designer exactly what I wanted and he put it together. My favorite coin, the one I use for my advatar, was completely my designers idea.

If you are good with photo shop or other programs you might be able to whip something out. But you really need a experience coin designer to tell you what will work on a coin and what will not

I agree, RJ. I have a personal coin in the works and I am woefully devoid of artistic talent. I started with a horrific powerpoint version (it's all I had), had my sister clean it up in Photoshop, then sent it to the minter who has steadily improved it with each iteration. I understand that many minters will take anything from a written description to a scribble on a napkin to a polished image and run with it.

The creativity and talent found here is stunning and humbling.

When I really want to put out an attractive coin, I kneel in front of my Macintosh and pray for artistic enlightenment from the Flying Spaghetti Monster. If I've managed to effectively contact Him through the swirling marinara ether, I'll wake up hours...sometimes days later...with the severe keypad indentations of inspiration in my forehead. I rub across these indentations and read them like a divine guiding braille of sheer genius. I then look up towards my monitor, and there...strewn across my screen in a light alfredo sauce...is the detailed representation of His personal artistic suggestions. After I'm done, I wipe the screen clear with a beer-soaked towelette, and let out a burp in His honor.

Bon appetit.

When I really want to put out an attractive coin, I kneel in front of my Macintosh and pray for artistic enlightenment from the Flying Spaghetti Monster. If I've managed to effectively contact Him through the swirling marinara ether, I'll wake up hours...sometimes days later...with the severe keypad indentations of inspiration in my forehead. I rub across these indentations and read them like a divine guiding braille of sheer genius. I then look up towards my monitor, and there...strewn across my screen in a light alfredo sauce...is the detailed representation of His personal artistic suggestions. After I'm done, I wipe the screen clear with a beer-soaked towelette, and let out a burp in His honor.

Bon appetit.

ROFLMAO :( !!!!! I just love when the Yime speaks :anicute: !

Bon appetit.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for cleaning my monitor?

Note to self, do not drink while reading YemonYime's posts.

To keep on topic, how about asking a high school (or some other) art class to help you? It'll give them a learning project (to think on one plane how it will look on a coin), and you get the results. Talk to the teacher. I still remember our art teacher teaching us how to make wrapping paper, we had to make the design match up on all sides, so it would repeat. This could be a good project for them to work on.

Bon appetit.

ROFLMAO ;) !!!!! I just love when the Yime speaks ;) !

Totally funny Yime. You need to speak more often.

Of course, now I have this image of you praying to the 'puter gods (or is it the forum gods?) with a beer mustache. Great. ;)

I find that double post thing happens to me if I try to use the back button to edit my post. Did you do that?

Nope, for some reason when i hit submit it took really long and came back with 2 posts. Happens once in a while. Maybe you keep spitting on the servers when reading yemonyimes posts? ;)

Jayman11

Bon appetit.

LOL!!! That was so funny, never has "LOL"seemed so appropriate.

The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er and/or I will come up with a basic notion. One of us does a quick sketch.

If we decide to run with it, she will draw it up in the computer, and we contact a mint.

Note to Yime---You really do need to post a warning note before you start in. At this rate, I'm gonna need a new monitor and keyboard soon.