Deleting Archived caches

ask the reviewers VERY nicely to unarchive it for 10 minutes?! Not the most elegent procedure though - you may just be stuck with the red writing!

Alternatively - rewrite the cache page to be as mind-blowingly offensive to every possible group of people (especially americans!) and wait for Groundspeak to completely delete it! This may have a minor side affect of deleting your account as well though! LOL

I must say that I think you should just leave them where they are. You can not really delete then as it will affect all the people who found it. Moving them to a sockpuppet account is an option, but I still don't see why you would really want to do that.

I don't want to be reminded of the past! ;)

And the thread question is can I? Not should I! ;)

Edited by currykev

Well, the answer is no; you'd best ask for the thread to be closed if you don't want peoples opinions ;)

I have a few archived caches. They’ll eventually fall to the bottom of your list as your others are found so you end up with a nice list of dead caches at the bottom of the page. If that doesn’t happen then your other caches may need attention. There: a use for it all as a diagnostic tool.

Well, the answer is no; you'd best ask for the thread to be closed if you don't want peoples opinions ;)

I have a few archived caches. They’ll eventually fall to the bottom of your list as your others are found so you end up with a nice list of dead caches at the bottom of the page. If that doesn’t happen then your other caches may need attention. There: a use for it all as a diagnostic tool.

No - they are arranged by placed date. They fall to the bottom as you place more.

No - they are arranged by placed date. They fall to the bottom as you place more.

?? Mine are arranged by 'found' date, with those being found most recently at the top. Are we looking at the same place? If I click my name at the top right of the screen, and then select Geocaches (mine), that's where the list appears, with the archived and unfound caches at the bottom.

?? Mine are arranged by 'found' date, with those being found most recently at the top. Are we looking at the same place? If I click my name at the top right of the screen, and then select Geocaches (mine), that's where the list appears, with the archived and unfound caches at the bottom.

Aah - I'm looking at the list on the public profiles - that's listed by Placed date.