Unusual caches wanted...

Hampshire's a bit far to go, it needs to be do-able in a day from South Lancs so probably somewhere in between the Lakes, North Wales and the Peak District. Rakers of The Lost Ark looked like a favourite but it's had a few dnfs and we don't want to have a wasted climb.

May be a little note/email to the owner, nearer the time, asking about a sitrep for the cache. They may even do a maintenance check - just for you and your impending landmark cache. I would.

I'm sure I heard about one in the Lake District on an island called something like St Hilbert's Island...

Sounds like the perfect one for your goal :ph34r:

St Herbert's Island in Derwent Water. At this time of the year you'd need to take your own boat as I don't think the boat hire operates in the winter

I'm sure I heard about one in the Lake District on an island called something like St Hilbert's Island...

St Herbert's Island in Derwent Water. At this time of the year you'd need to take your own boat as I don't think the boat hire operates in the winter

Has to be a row boat as well as the motorised ones are not allowed near the islands esp the one on windermere

I'd be quite happy to take any visitors over to the island - if you'd like a free ride get in touch via my profile... :ph34r:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...10-33f1750348b1

is on an island on windermere, I've not done it so can't comment on how good a cache it is an the last person to try posted a DNF but it's a lot closer to you than the south coast.

Good luck.

Paul & Ros

Just a note to say that I will happily give anyone some advice on this cache if needed and if i'm free will even come for a paddle with you. this goes for my other paddle and walk caches as well!! :D