Geocoins are for the Birds!

UOTrackers

I need to see the total cost before I can commit. I do not want to reserve and pay the $25 just to find out I can not afford the rest. :D

Agreed

Oh of course! We just don't have that yet. We are waiting on samples to come in so we can decide which way we want to go for personalization.

So, yes, you will be able to personalize your coin, OR you can leave the "Birds of a Feather Cache Together" saying and simply add your name. That's one of the beauties of this coin. The other is that you can actually choose/design how your bird will look. You will have the option to either choose a preset design/color palette that I am currently working on, or you can make your own. There's a "paint by number" image somehwere on the site, you just have to visit a PMS color chart and choose your colors! (this can be not only fun, but addictive!)

Edited by UOTrackers

Whoa! I've missed all of the new stuff going on here. I just checked it out. I hope this reserve will be made in the early part of next week. I am going on vacation on the 29th and won't return until April 2. I don't know if I will be able to get to a computer to check on things, but I will try. I hope you still have my email, as I am still definitely interested.

My question: How long do we have to get the colors picked to design our bird? Also, when must the reserve be paid and how long after must the total be paid? Do you have any idea how much 60 birds sill cost?

Thanks for keeping track of all of this stuff, Jen!

Whoa! I've missed all of the new stuff going on here. I just checked it out. I hope this reserve will be made in the early part of next week. I am going on vacation on the 29th and won't return until April 2. I don't know if I will be able to get to a computer to check on things, but I will try. I hope you still have my email, as I am still definitely interested.

My question: How long do we have to get the colors picked to design our bird? Also, when must the reserve be paid and how long after must the total be paid? Do you have any idea how much 60 birds sill cost?

Thanks for keeping track of all of this stuff, Jen!

I'm going to say you have plenty of time. We are still awaiting samples which will determine the cost based on which way we go after seeing said samples! As far as time line to get in your colors, it's entirely up to you. There will be what I will call the "First Flock" which will be the first bunch of people interested in this project, we're shooting for 30 designs. This first flock will be allowed to use a metal finish that no other birds will have access to. My plan is that this design will become stock and anyone will be able to use it after the First Flock. My main goal was to have a stock design that could be customized so that a coin could be ordered without having to go the route of 250 trackable with icon coin costs. Did that make sense?

Anyway, no worries on time frame right now. My guess is that these will not be ready by GW5, but shortly thereafter. Again that's just a guess, Steve could hop on at any moment and tell me "GO".

Here's a motivator for those wanting to possibly make a bird/parrot. I was asked to pre-design 30 birds for anyone who either does not have the ability or desire to do their own coloring. Below is the first 20 I have some up with. Let me tell you, playing around with these colors is so much fun! If you are planning to do your own color scheme keep in mind that there is color around the pupil (currently white, but can be specified as something else). You can choose up to 5 colors without adding additional costs. The black is the raised metal, finish undecided at this time.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR ONE OF THESE TO BE YOURS YET!

Please note this is the approximate size the coin will be!

birds1thru10.jpg

birds11thru20.jpg

Edited by UOTrackers

I see the $$$ downpayment but what is the balance after the intial $25, do you know? Thanks.

I do not know the price yet, it will be decided once we get the samples, we requested a couple different options.

ok,m you guys are driving me crazy...can't get the coin pictures to view on screen so I can't see the designs,,,,,help!!! I can see the other actual pictures of parrots, etc.

what settings do I have wrong on this darn machine? :anitongue:

edited to add...

dang, after I posted I scrolled up and there they are all numbered, but still can't see original

Edited by Frozen Buns

I see the $$$ downpayment but what is the balance after the intial $25, do you know? Thanks.

I do not know the price yet, it will be decided once we get the samples, we requested a couple different options.

ok,m you guys are driving me crazy...can't get the coin pictures to view on screen so I can't see the designs,,,,,help!!! I can see the other actual pictures of parrots, etc.

what settings do I have wrong on this darn machine? :anibad:

edited to add...

dang, after I posted I scrolled up and there they are all numbered, but still can't see original

I'm sorry I deleted the original ones from my photobucket when I did all the redesigning. I'mnot sure if I give new images if the mods can fix that. But just for you...here's one of the examples:

bird01_back.jpg

bird01_front.jpg

A little over a year ago (12/25/05) I got my first GPS, shortly thereafter I found the forums, and yep my first geocoin and thus these forums. Everything looked so fun I wanted to dive right in head first. Of course as everyone knows Geocoins are not something you can really dive head first into. I wanted my own coin, but then found out just how expensive it can be to have one. Add to the die fees trackability and icons and whoa, we're talking a lot of money. Ever since then I have wanted to design a fun, generic but personalizable coin. Hopeing to make something affordable in smaller quantities for those wanting to dip their toes into geocoins before the full head first dive. So long story short I worked with Steve of HogWild Stuff and came up with Birds of a Feather. Here are the first samples. I don't have any idea who else is having them made, but I think they came out beautifully and I can't wait to trade for some!

bird01.jpgbird02.jpgbird03.jpg

I may be naive, But what does "wicks works" mean? :mad: It sounds like candle making.

Nah, not niave. My last name is Wicks, it's one of my works...course if you search it on the net it is a candle company. I joked with my husband when we got married that I should open a candle company.

Here's a motivator for those wanting to possibly make a bird/parrot. I was asked to pre-design 30 birds for anyone who either does not have the ability or desire to do their own coloring. Below is the first 20 I have some up with. Let me tell you, playing around with these colors is so much fun! If you are planning to do your own color scheme keep in mind that there is color around the pupil (currently white, but can be specified as something else). You can choose up to 5 colors without adding additional costs. The black is the raised metal, finish undecided at this time.

Please note this is the approximate size the coin will be!

birds1thru10.jpg

birds11thru20.jpg

I really like 16 & 20 ;)

I'm sorry in advance for the dumbness... But what is this GW5? And is it only held back east somewhere? I read about a GW5 dinner at the Ramada.

Geowoodstock 5 One of the largest geocaching events there is (I think) It moves around so far to a different location each year. This year it's in Raleigh North Carolina. check out www.geowoodstock5.com

I never have response at the mail than I sent with the color I want :o

This is exactly the same thing that happened to me. I got an email asking what color, I responded immediately, and that was it. I just thought the project had been canceled. So "what up wid dis"? :o

I never have response at the mail than I sent with the color I want :o

This is exactly the same thing that happened to me. I got an email asking what color, I responded immediately, and that was it. I just thought the project had been canceled. So "what up wid dis"? :o

It's being handled by Steve at Hogwild stuff. I wish I knew more to tell you but I don't. Try sending him an email! I can tell you that the samples came out beautiful though, and there is plenty of room for anyone interested to get into the Flock.