Revision of the cache listing guidelines

Deceangi

This is one section which maybe of interest, as I recall a bit of confusion over the issue of multi-events a while back, and the part about six months listing time is of interest to those organising Camping events.

Event Caches

For geocaching events that involve several components, such as a full weekend event that includes a geocoin trading session, a seminar and a potluck dinner, multiple event listings may be submitted if they each stand on their own merits as events meeting the listing guidelines.

For regional, national and international events where advance reservations and travel planning are needed, the event can be listed up to six months in advance instead of the usual three months. The reviewers have been following this more helpful standard for just over a year, and now it is an official part of the Guidelines.

Would it not be a good idea to let all cachers know about such important changes via email? It's just that not everyone reads the forums on a regular basis.

What an excellent idea, perhaps they could give us a box to tick saying something like

Inform me of new features and changes to the web site.

maybe just next to the one that says

Send me a weekly emailer of new caches in my area.

They could use it to tell us when pq's are turned off, listing guidelines are changed etc.

What do you think ??? :rolleyes:

Would it not be a good idea to let all cachers know about such important changes via email? It's just that not everyone reads the forums on a regular basis.

The news is going out in the weekly email from GC :rolleyes:

Does anyone actually read that email?

Mine came this morning. I did - and it wasn't there.

Edited by Just Roger

Potluck dinner? Thankfully wikipedia knows all

The article on Potluck dinner links to Jello salad (alternatively called congealed salad). I now feel quite unwell.

Reading the article about the Jello salad, it sounds like the jelly bit of a trifle that may have fruit in it. That, I reasoned, sounds okay. Up until it says serving with mayonnaise... I think the yanks should stick to the beef jerky and cheeseburgers!! :rolleyes:

Affective immediately Ground Speak has made several change to the cache listing guidelines. Information on the changes can be found Here

Your are advised to read the guidelines through before submitting a new cache.

Is "Affective" a specific USA term that translates to "Effective" in UK speak? ;)

Affective immediately Ground Speak has made several change to the cache listing guidelines. Information on the changes can be found Here

Your are advised to read the guidelines through before submitting a new cache.

Is "Affective" a specific USA term that translates to "Effective" in UK speak? ;)

Nope it's a Mod who relys on a Spell checker, and either missed the highlighted word, or the Spell Checker failed to pick it up [no prizes for guessing the correct answer] ;)

And nope the Spell Checker is still not picking it up ;)