Mozilla firefox

Billk72

I am unsure if this is the appropriate place to post this but anyway. Mozilla firefox is a internet browser just like your internet explorer only much better. Firefox has a built in spell checker which is great for a frequent forum poster. It is also more secure then Internet explorer and its free. I find the spell check quite useful since I cant type without looking at the keyboard so when done the misspelled words are underlined in red just right click them and it gives the correct spelling just click it and bamm. I recommend it you wont be sorry it will even import all your bookmarks.

For my money, (which is $0, since Firefox is free), the GreaseMonkey extension is the main reason to run Firefox, especially now that IE has a (poorly implemented, IMO) version of Tabbed Browsing. Check out my site for the GreaseMonkey extensions I've written to enhance the geocaching.com site.

I think I have all of those extensions installed. Thanks very much! They rock and make Firefox better than it already is.

I'll put in a vote for TabMix Plus, BBCode (if you post to forums a lot, but you'll have to manually tweak it to install it on 2.0, easy to do), Forecast Fox, so you'll know it the weather is conducive to geocaching, and if you use AdBlock, you probably know about FilterSet G. This extension automatically updates your filters with the latest G version, without disturbing any filters of your own.

I'll put in a vote for TabMix Plus, BBCode (if you post to forums a lot, but you'll have to manually tweak it to install it on 2.0, easy to do), Forecast Fox, so you'll know it the weather is conducive to geocaching, and if you use AdBlock, you probably know about FilterSet G. This extension automatically updates your filters with the latest G version, without disturbing any filters of your own.

Your Grease monkey scripts freakin ROCK!

Why has nobody told me about this Firefox browser before? Why keep it secret? You would think people would be spouting off the virtues of Firefox from mountaintops whenever someone has an issue with IE.

[/sarcasm]

I agree, it's a good browser...just think it's kindof like posting something such as "There is this other computer out there, called a "Macintosh" that's kindof like a PC, but..."

Why has nobody told me about this Firefox browser before? Why keep it secret? You would think people would be spouting off the virtues of Firefox from mountaintops whenever someone has an issue with IE.

[/sarcasm]

I agree, it's a good browser...just think it's kindof like posting something such as "There is this other computer out there, called a "Macintosh" that's kindof like a PC, but..."

No, because Firefox REALLY IS better than IE. Mac's aren't better than PC's. :ph34r:

Not a suprise ! Microsoft never invented anything, they just wait for other to pave the way, go through natural selection then when one emerges, Microsoft comes in and buy the company !!!

Great marketing company !

Do you realise that by just letting college kids copy their software they built up the real base of their marketing force !

A huge thanks to primes suspect for his greasmonkey scripts.I found them searching for some other greasmonkey scripts and love the funcionality they add.I love firefox and use it 99% of the time.It would be great if the memory hit and speed were a little better but I guess if you want lots of featre you have to pay for them somewhere.