Not so New New Cache

Team Balders

In the last couple of days, two new caches have sprung up locally (W. Birmingham) but were placed over a week previously. The result of this is that now the caches have been published, they are already a week old and therefore do not show up as NEW caches. There is no NEW logo on the listings and the PQs don't pick them up either.

Is this done deliberately by either setter or moderator to stop the usual gang rushing out for the FTF? Or is it that caches now take a week to review and publish? (I shouldn't have thought so.)

And...

A Merry Christmas and I hope you all find what you're looking for in 2007.

Edited by Team Balders

It's all driven from the Date Hidden field you add when you write your cache up on GC.com. I would guess they hid it over a week ago and have only now got round to writing up the cache page as they have been busy with other things in the meantime.

They still show up on my FTF PQ. I just have a tick in "Have not been found" and do not limit the selection in the "Placed During" section, so I get any caches that have never been found, no matter how long ago they were placed <_<.

We recently set a series and it was over a month from the placing of the final cache to it being published so it went live without the New flag too.

In the last couple of days, two new caches have sprung up locally (W. Birmingham) but were placed over a week previously. The result of this is that now the caches have been published, they are already a week old and therefore do not show up as NEW caches. There is no NEW logo on the listings and the PQs don't pick them up either.

Is this done deliberately by either setter or moderator to stop the usual gang rushing out for the FTF? Or is it that caches now take a week to review and publish? (I shouldn't have thought so.)

And...

A Merry Christmas and I hope you all find what you're looking for in 2007.

No Reviewers do not edit the placed date for a cache when we review them, sometimes a cache might have issues with it and might take several days to be published dependant on how quick the owner deals with those issues.

It's usual a maximum of a couple of hours for a cache submission to be initially reviewed, as we aim for the fastest possible turn around on caches in the Reviewer Queue [and I'm bragging here :( , the speed of the service we provide is something we are proud off :( ]. To be honest the only time I look at a placed date <_< is for events to insure they meet the guidelines <_<

And besides to edit the placed date to block FTF Ho's would get us hung,drawn and quartered :anibad:

It's all driven from the Date Hidden field you add when you write your cache up on GC.com. I would guess they hid it over a week ago and have only now got round to writing up the cache page as they have been busy with other things in the meantime.

They still show up on my FTF PQ. I just have a tick in "Have not been found" and do not limit the selection in the "Placed During" section, so I get any caches that have never been found, no matter how long ago they were placed <_<.

We recently set a series and it was over a month from the placing of the final cache to it being published so it went live without the New flag too.

Theres a step by step on our website on how to set this type of PQ up :(

.......... we aim for the fastest possible turn around on caches in the Reviewer Queue [and I'm bragging here <_< , the speed of the service we provide is something we are proud of] .......

And quite rightly too, in my experience we geat a brilliant service from out 3 stalwarts :( . Have a great Christmas Lacto, Ecks & Decs, take the day off!

.......... we aim for the fastest possible turn around on caches in the Reviewer Queue [and I'm bragging here :anibad: , the speed of the service we provide is something we are proud of] .......

And quite rightly too, in my experience we geat a brilliant service from out 3 stalwarts :P . Have a great Christmas Lacto, Ecks & Decs, take the day off!

How did you know that I've got Christmas Day off <_< [no pc access, due to visiting my birth town :(] , but I'm aware that my colleagues have kindly stepped up to bat, to publish some caches Christmas Day :(

It will be interesting to see if some one is [choosing the word of your choice] Addicted, Crazy, Brave enough to go and find them the day they are published <_<

but I'm aware that my colleagues have kindly stepped up to bat, to publish some caches Christmas Day :D

It will be interesting to see if some one is [choosing the word of your choice] Addicted, Crazy, Brave enough to go and find them the day they are published :D

Once again we can but be appreciative of all the sterling work and dedication our reviewers volunteer for our enjoyment. :):D

Unfortunately I'm unable to cache over Christmas and New Year but presume some will await new releases.

Lets hope every respect is payed to our reviewers throughout the remainder of 2006 and 2007 they truely deserve it.

Merry Christmas to all.