Drilling in Alaska

What is the general thinking of drilling in the arctic national wildlife refuge for oil. personally i think it is a bad idea. i could argue all day on this but i dont have all day now. if you want to get more into it, just email me and we can talk. again, just wondering what the public thinks about it.

IBTL :(

What is the general thinking of drilling in the arctic national wildlife refuge for oil.

You mean drilling in an area that was set aside for drilling when ANWR was set up? I think it's a GREAT idea. Anything to get us out from under the thumb of the middle east oil pumpers.

(Hmm... how to get this onto a caching topic somehow...?)

And... once we're able to drill there, and off the coasts of Florida, and we've lowered the demand for middle east oil, thus lowering the price of gas... we'll be able to go geocaching a LOT more.

I checked your profile, and looks like you are relatively new to the forums (but not Geocaching).

You aren't a Premium Member, so you can't access the Off Topics sections to discuss this. Besides, it's better to talk about this topic among your peers instead of here, which is focused specifically on Geocaching related topics. :(

What is the general thinking of drilling in the arctic national wildlife refuge for oil.

You mean drilling in an area that was set aside for drilling when ANWR was set up? I think it's a GREAT idea. Anything to get us out from under the thumb of the middle east oil pumpers.

HEY.

Your (our) dependance is MY cushy retirement. :(

Calm down guys, i just wanna see what different people think. i dont think that its gonna hurt you if you stop thinking about geocaching for one sec.

Sure, but it is rude to post completely off topic in a forum section headed "Geocaching Topics." There is an appropriate forum for this discussion but it ain't this one.

Regards

Andrew