One-off Trackable Scotland geocoin up for grabs

SlytherinAlex

How can it be a coin proof and trackable unless you specifically ask to put a tracking number on them?

I guess this points towards a new trend to sell coin proofs as Even-Rarer-Minted (or ERM's)? :blink:

It was a coin that I always intended to keep for myself, hence the SCOT?? tracking code. It's been sitting on my desk for months and I'm not really a coin collector as such, so I thought I'd sell it. I thought it might fetch about $30.

I guess it's my lucky day, but it certanly wasn't produced with the intention of making a killing on ebay. Most of my other one-off rarities I gave away to people who I knew would appreciate having something a little special in their collections.

I had a gold EU coin made with the number 911 which was given to a geocaching group in New York to auction for charity. I'm not sure what ever happened to that coin, but that's pretty rare as geocoins go.

Edited by SlytherinAlex

I do have another gold EU coin that will be auctioned for charity in the next week or so. What I did with the last one was to take donations of a dollar (well a UK pound actually) from anyone interested and then pick a name out of a hat. That way the coin didn't go to the person who has the most money. no limit on the number of £1 donations though. As I recall the coin was won by one of the UK cache reviewers.

Looks like you'll have some extra money for Christmas presents, Alex! :blink:

Considering the level of financial disaster that the Luxembopurg coin issue was, I don't feel bad about making a few dollars out of this coin.

And the Scotland coin was a stunning coin in sliver, it's even more impressive in gold. :unsure:

Whoever bought it is going to be well pleased. (I hope)

Wow! $351! Cool!

You shouldn't feel bad about making money off it! Someone wanted it and was willing to pay - Good for you!

I agree I am excited for you that you will get that much for an example coin. Heck you may make enough off this one coin to design a new coin edition and them sell them too. WOW!

I agree I am excited for you that you will get that much for an example coin. Heck you may make enough off this one coin to design a new coin edition and them sell them too. WOW!

I may even do that. I have plenty of ideas and designs on the back burner. :unsure:

Or did you think that the Scotland coin never got further than a sample?

Far from it, there are a good number of Scotland coin out in the wild. Actually, the current leader in the Premier Geocoin Race is a Scotland Antiqued silver coin.