Noob looking for a little feedback on a personal geocoin design

tucson twosome

I've been working on this one for a little while and now would like to get some feedback from the ceocaching community..

DP_Geocoin_small.GIF

The areas in white on both sides will ultimately be nickel, bronze, and/or black nickel. I'm also hoping that this is a uique design for I don't have a whole lot of experience with geocoins yet.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

-Aaron

I think it's very nice. I'd like to trade with you if you have them made.

My only suggestion is to have the mint work with a non-italics font and have a font that is a little thicker so it stands out against the ink.

Or just eliminate the wording entirely, except for the "Tucson Twosome" on the Saquaro cactus. That should stay, of course.

I like this design: simple, clean, reflective of the Arizona desert, especially around Tucson (been too many years since we got down that way; have always enjoyed it <_<). I think it's got "legs". We'll certainly be interested in buying a few, if and when.

Wow! Thanks everybody for all of the positive feedback. I've taken what I think is the essence of the suggestions and modified the design. The lettering should be easier to read now.

DP_Geocoin_v2.jpg

Let me know if you think the changes are an improvement.

Thanks again for the helpful feedback.

-Aaron

Looks good. be careful about thick/thin fonts, they tend to come out illegible at small sizes on the coin. I prefered the cursive type because it had more character (maybe a bold version of it). I also liked the type being wavy (once again it added character) rather than the stair step.

Cool Idea and shape.

I can see it both ways on the font. This is going to be an area where each of us has a good idea, but you can only pick one of them. Fiddle around with it a little. Reduce the size of any design down to what a coin would be, and see if it works. Experiment. I don't think that the font is going to be a "deal breaker" for anyone interested in it. Whatever you come up with is going to be OK for most of us; maybe not *our* optimal*, but still good. The basic idea is what attracts us :unsure:

That being said, I think I liked the original font for your handle :anicute::unsure::ph34r: