This Cacher Should Not Be Allowed Out Alone!

It says something when I realise that I should be monitored very carefully whilst out Geocaching.

Today was the last straw. It all started a while ago with small little things like:

• Going out caching for the day and not having any of the cache sheets with me
  • Forgetting spare batteries
  • Not putting a log book in a cache etc

Then it gets a little bit more serious:

• Having found a cache, leaving it open and sprawled on a bench and walking off
  • Forgetting where I parked the car
  • Leaving the keys in the door of the car whilst off caching for an hour
  • Various amount of times leaving GPS at Ground Zero.
  • Leaving caching bag at Ground Zero
  • Losing my big Mole grips by leaving at the site of a waypoint
  • many more I can't remember...

But today I was out setting the second cache in two days, when I reached into my bag to retrieve it and found it was gone! Yesterday I had placed this actual container, walked away then returned as I wanted to use a different container. So I know I had it yesterday. So why is this different?

There was a TB in this box and as I have returned to all the places I went to yesterday with no good result, I feel gutted. I will leave it a couple of days, maybe someone will contact me.

This should not happen again, so don't let me out on my own. It's not good. :laughing:

It says something when I realise that I should be monitored very carefully whilst out Geocaching.

Today was the last straw. It all started a while ago with small little things like:

• Going out caching for the day and not having any of the cache sheets with me
  • Forgetting spare batteries
  • Not putting a log book in a cache etc

Then it gets a little bit more serious:

• Having found a cache, leaving it open and sprawled on a bench and walking off
  • Forgetting where I parked the car
  • Leaving the keys in the door of the car whilst off caching for an hour
  • Various amount of times leaving GPS at Ground Zero.
  • Leaving caching bag at Ground Zero
  • Losing my big Mole grips by leaving at the site of a waypoint
  • many more I can't remember...

But today I was out setting the second cache in two days, when I reached into my bag to retrieve it and found it was gone! Yesterday I had placed this actual container, walked away then returned as I wanted to use a different container. So I know I had it yesterday. So why is this different?

There was a TB in this box and as I have returned to all the places I went to yesterday with no good result, I feel gutted. I will leave it a couple of days, maybe someone will contact me.

This should not happen again, so don't let me out on my own. It's not good. :o

You should send this in to Terry Wogan and see if you qualify for a TOGs Teashirt. :laughing:B):o:o:laughing::laughing::o

You should send this in to Terry Wogan and see if you qualify for a TOGs Teashirt. :blink::tired::blink::D:D:D:blink:

I'm afraid I have no idea of what you're talking about. :)
The irony is he used to know what you're talking about :D :D

Having cached with Sensei on many occasions I often feel like a parent following a child around, picking up toys after them :D

My advice on the phone earlier was to put everything on a piece of string. I dare say he's forgotten it by now though. Another trick is to make notes (anyone else seen Memento?) or use a dictaphone. [Place punchline here] :ph34r:

[*]Going out caching for the day and not having any of the cache sheets with me

Check (of course, I just went paperless, and had a pretty successful day too!)

[*]Forgetting spare batteries

Check

[*]Not putting a log book in a cache etc

Check

[*]Having found a cache, leaving it open and sprawled on a bench and walking off

Check

[*]Forgetting where I parked the car

Check

[*]Leaving the keys in the door of the car whilst off caching for an hour

Check

[*]Various amount of times leaving GPS at Ground Zero.

Check

[*]Leaving caching bag at Ground Zero

Check

[*]Losing my big Mole grips by leaving at the site of a waypoint

No! I've never done this! There is hope for me yet!

[*]many more I can't remember...

Does "wrecking a car (oil pan, subframe) by driving too fast down a forest track while looking at your GPSr so you don't see the extra-big pothole which you're about to ground on" count?