Where's George?

eray4

Today I found a dollar bill in a geocache in Lotus, Ca. It had instructions to go to wheresgeorge.com. to report the take. I can't seem to find a place to log the find and placement in another geocache, as we do with the TB's. Any advice?

Once a bill is discovered to be a geocache-travelling bill, it's tagged as such by wheresgeorge.com and is forever removed from their game.

I contacted the owner of their website once asking how to get a dollar bill untagged as a cache bill, and got a short reply...you can't.

WheresGeorge? bills are meant to be found and logged in natural circulation, not in geocaches.

Ed

Once a bill is discovered to be a geocache-travelling bill, it's tagged as such by wheresgeorge.com and is forever removed from their game.

I contacted the owner of their website once asking how to get a dollar bill untagged as a cache bill, and got a short reply...you can't.

WheresGeorge? bills are meant to be found and logged in natural circulation, not in geocaches.

Ed

Thanks for the reply, Ed. I guess I just made a buck. :laughing: Ed.

Today I found a dollar bill in a geocache in Lotus, Ca. It had instructions to go to wheresgeorge.com. to report the take. I can't seem to find a place to log the find and placement in another geocache, as we do with the TB's. Any advice?

Yes, do as they requested. Then set an example by conforming to the rules of the :laughing::laughing::laughing:

where'sboygeorge game even though some supposed adults choose not to. :unsure:

Edited by Team Cotati

I was thinking about sealing up a WG bill as a TB and sending it on a mission to Hawaii or something. Then have someone in Hawaii that finds it enter it in WG. Maybe even attach a not that tells everyone not to log it at WG till it completes it's mission.

That way, I get to track it as a TB and then get a WG hit at the end.

I guess that's not a good idea then? And I just had it all planned out!

Well golly, we put one in a cache we started, hope it doesn't get us in trouble. We thought it would be fun to see if anybody would enter it when they found it. Guess we better not do that anymore.

You will not get in trouble and I think Wheresgeorge bills make great trade swag. I tend to use them when I'm finding caches on vacation so I don't have to carry a swag bag with me. People put money in caches all the time. No reason that you can't register them on the Wheresgeorge site first.

The only issue is that if someone mentions "geocache" or "geocaching" somewhere in the logs, its tagged as a geocache bill and not included in any statistics. Other than that they are tracked like any other WG$.

I was thinking about sealing up a WG bill as a TB and sending it on a mission to Hawaii or something. Then have someone in Hawaii that finds it enter it in WG. Maybe even attach a not that tells everyone not to log it at WG till it completes it's mission.

That way, I get to track it as a TB and then get a WG hit at the end.

I guess that's not a good idea then? And I just had it all planned out!

If you think that people are any more likely to read and follow the instructions of the owner of a travel bug than they do where'sboygeorge, I can tell you that you are in store for a large disapointment. :D:anicute::D

The main idea seems to be how to bastardize the rules so that your behavior seems more rational and responsible. And astoundingly it seems to work more often than you might think. :):P:)

Edited by Team Cotati