The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

Rusty Reagan .....?

You've already got the Ding! :anitongue::D

Ha Haaaar (in the style of Alan Partridge!)

One I know I hope....

Is the answer Reagan (am going through old videos to get full name)

Carlos

Good film.....

DING!!! - it was indeed Rusty Reagan.

When a man walks into a forum with the correct answer, you know its time for another question. But then with the sky as blue as a blonde's eyes, and the view clean open to the islands its time for this shamus to kick back his chair and go out in search of some good tupperware. :anibad:

1. Shallow Grave

2. Johnny English

3. Not too sure, guessing at The Ring 2

4. Shaun of the Dead

5. The Italian Job

6. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

:huh:

We agree with all of these except for 3, which C thinks is Jacob's Ladder,

Helen

Edited by T-girls

1. Shallow Grave :( Dorsetgal & GeoDog

2. Johnny English :anitongue: Dorsetgal & GeoDog

3. Not too sure, guessing at The Ring 2 :o

4. Shaun of the Dead <_< Dorsetgal & GeoDog

5. The Italian Job :angry: Dorsetgal & GeoDog

6. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy :( Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Number three looks quite Creepy to me :(:P

3. Creep :o - Simply Paul

So Simply Paul gets the Ding! as he got the missing one (unless he wants to hand it over to someone)

Never!

Ok, I'm in Spain, but every direction I look I can see France. This doesn't involve mirrors, cameras, optical trickery of any sort, a Spanish Embassy or anything allegorical. By France I mean the country, not a painting, or a person named France who is always standing in front of me. So what's that all about eh?

I was thinking something like Cueta being surrounded by Algeria (once a department of France) but infact its surrounded by Morocco and the sea, so thats wrong.

But the idea is correct. I now know the answer, and its amazing that places like these still exist. Its worse than Gibraltar!

Hard one this SP although some may have been there, or passed by on their holidays.

Its a bit like cold war times with West Berlin (being part of West Germany) in the middle of East Germany. Although that is a long drive unlike this little one.

I'd have allowed online mapping in this case, but not Google or other search engines. Given that The Forester stepped in with the right answer, Llivia, it's hard to know who should get the ding, but on the basis that I like MartyBartfast's name, and for that reason alone, he can have the ding - so long as it was Llivia he was thinking of. :sad:

From the church tower in Llivia, everyway you look you can see France. If you look up a bit, you can also see Spain to the south and west. All very Grand Fenwick :(

Edit to add a missing L

Edited by Simply Paul

I'd have allowed online mapping in this case, but not Google or other search engines. Given that The Forester stepped in with the right answer, Livia, it's hard to know who should get the ding, but on the basis that I like MartyBartfast's name, and for that reason alone, he can have the ding - so long as it was Llivia he was thinking of. :sad:

From the church tower in Llivia, everyway you look you can see France. If you look up a bit, you can also see Spain to the south and west. All very Grand Fenwick :(

Yes I was thinking of Llivia honest, I originally was thinking it might be something to do with Andorra and as I was zooming in I spotted Llivia nearby.

So my question, which I thought of coming into Waterloo on the train this morning:

What's the angular separation (in degrees) between the pods on the London Eye?

As many of you know GeoDog is a Registered Assistance Dog, and it means he can come with me almost anywhere.

Can you name the only two of the transatlantic carriers who will allow assistance dogs (or service dogs as the Americans call them) in the passenger cabin on transatlantic flights?

The ding goes to the first person who names both airlines.

As many of you know GeoDog is a Registered Assistance Dog, and it means he can come with me almost anywhere.

Can you name the only two of the transatlantic carriers who will allow assistance dogs (or service dogs as the Americans call them) in the passenger cabin on transatlantic flights?

The ding goes to the first person who names both airlines.

American Airlines and Virgin Atlantic? :laughing:

British Airways and Virgin Atlantic? :blink:

DING to Nediam. Yes, that's exactly correct, currently, the only airlines that will allow Registered Assistance Dogs (or Service Dogs) in the cabin on transatlantic flights to and from the UK are British Airways and Virgin Atlantic. :o

Of course there are very strict and specific rules, but they are the ony two.

British Airways and Virgin Atlantic? :blink:

DING to Nediam. Yes, that's exactly correct, currently, the only airlines that will allow Registered Assistance Dogs (or Service Dogs) in the cabin on transatlantic flights to and from the UK are British Airways and Virgin Atlantic. B)

Of course there are very strict and specific rules, but they are the ony two.

:D:(:o

Now I gotta get another question sorted, won't be long.......... :P

OK next one....

Connection Round

Answer the four questions and then get the connection :blink:

1. Who got frozen in a space shuttle in 1987 and got revived in the 25th Century?
  2. Who wrote the novel "Stark"?
  3. Which two brothers were the traditional founders of Rome?
  4. Which golfer sank the winning put in the 1985 Ryder Cup, to return the trophy to Europe for the first time in over 25 years?

5. The connection is?...............

Ding to whoever gets the connection - even if the other questions haven't been answered. :o