So I Gotta Ask...

AtlantaGal

No free shipping?

©¿©¬

:lol:

I always wonder about that too. During Christmas a friend of mine sold an XBOX360 for $200 more than retail, and charged $15 shipping. I thought "You're making $200.... why charge the guy shipping?" :D

But heck it's gotta cost a bunch to send a ton of coins. :lol:

Who cares if anyone is selling their entire collection off. Why bring it here?

They are probably selling the coins off like some people sell off their stocks when ever it hits a peak. Geocoins are at their peak right now in regards to making a profit. There are way to many geocoins out now and to many to choose from. Notepad geocoins, telephone geocoins, geocoins for disasters, geocoins for FTF, geocoins for owning a GPS, and geocoins in several metals and colors. Its out of control... I have lost interest and only buy geocoins I like now.

I am considering off my collection and keeping my own geocoins to put in caches. I rarely do trades anymore because of all the fights and arguments.

We need to get back to what it used to be like. Remember when there was only a few coins out there and how we would get up early in the morning in hope we would be the first one to find the coin? Remember the feeling and excitment? Those days are few now.

Some day a few of you will be sitting in a room full of geocoins that are only valuable too you.

I know this went off topic and I aplogize. He or she is probably selling of their collection because they lost interest. To many geocoins nowdays.

Edited by Cav Scout

So to set the record straight it's me. This is by far the last thing that I would have expected to do but sometimes real life gets in the way and we have to make choices. Often times the choices we have to make are not ones that we care to do. We (my family) have had to make one of those decisions at this time. I can't justify spending anymore money on the tremendous amount of coins that are being minted now. We are also in a spot where we have had to raise money to cover unexpected expenses. Not something we anticipated, but such is life. I did not set out to collect coins only to sell them when the "market" was heating up. I started getting them because it was fun to have them banging around in my geobag. A lot of what I see, and read in the forums has taken much of the fun out of it.

I just hope that someone will take enjoyment from the collection I was able to build.

Cacheper

Cacheper

I found out it was you. Was just surprised and also concerned since you only recently got your own coins made. I know of several others who have "quit", but not sold their collections. Thanks for your candor. I hope "real life" gets ironed-out soon for you :lol:

Edited by AtlantaGal

They are probably selling the coins off like some people sell off their stocks when ever it hits a peak. Geocoins are at their peak right now in regards to making a profit.

Actually, geocoins peaked around Christmas time, but I don't plan on arguing semantics with you.

Some day a few of you will be sitting in a room full of geocoins that are only valuable too you.

Isn't THAT what collecting is all about? Personally, I don't care if "my collecton" is worth a dime. That is not why I collect the coins. I thank you for not insinuating otherwise in the future.