Romantic Geocache Hide For Girlfriend

Xris

My girlfriend and I are going to a local park on Thursday. It's fairly warm around here during the day, about 70*. Anyway, while we're having our picnic, I thought it would be nice to finally take her geocaching. She's been wanting to go for some time.

The thing is, there are no caches in this park. So, I'd have to hide one. It wouldn't ever be listed on this site, because I don't feel like keeping up with one, so it would be just for her.

So far, I've decided to hide a letter for her, that is written using the geocache "you've found it" format. It'll look like the stash note, but actually be a romantic letter. The other thing I've thought is placing a Hershey's Kiss inside as well. The thought being that if she wants to take a kiss, she has to leave a kiss (for me obviously). It would be hidden no more than 30 minutes before she got there, so there's no need to worry about animals/insects.

What else should I put inside? I'm sure I'll think of other things, but I thought getting some help from you guys wouldn't hurt. The entire picnic/geocaching trip is to be a surprise. Lately, we've been meeting at my place for lunch. It's close to her office and there aren't any real restaurants nearby. I thought I'd change things up a bit.

Edited by Xris

I don't know if this will help or not.

My local grocery store was selling glass flowers (20in long heavy glass) for a buck each. Over a few weeks I had bought about 40. The plan was to hide a regular cache in a very secluded area and stick these flowers in the ground nearby for folks to take. I still haven't hidden the cache, but it would be impressive for the first dozen finders.

I guess my suggestion is to do something visually special for an added surprise.

(BTW- I still haven't found a place for that cache. I DID use one of the glass roses for my BUG graveyard and many people have commented on it.)

Well heck. Go all out. Make it a multi.

Very good idea. I think I'll do that. I'll have the first coordinates lead to the picnic, then the second lead to the kiss, letter, and some flowers. I can only have one redirector as we usually have only an hour or so.

Keep any other ideas coming. I have until tomorrow night to come up with ideas.

Edited by Xris

As for a diamond ring, let's not get too carried away right now.

So far, for the menu, I've got the following:

Prosciutto Wrapped Cantaloupe

Sun dried tomato bruschetta

Chicken Pasta Salad

Cherry Almond or Butterscotch Biscotti

She loves italian food. I've been wanting to cook for her for some time. There seems to be something missing from my selection.

As for a diamond ring, let's not get too carried away right now.

So far, for the menu, I've got the following:

Prosciutto Wrapped Cantaloupe

Sun dried tomato bruschetta

Chicken Pasta Salad

Cherry Almond or Butterscotch Biscotti

She loves italian food. I've been wanting to cook for her for some time. There seems to be something missing from my selection.

Uhh... The meat.

:)

make the final of a quick multi the key to a suite with jacuzzi tub in a ritzy hotel.

I was thinking along the same lines. I once gave my husband the coordinates only to a location. Now, it was a cache location, about an hour away from home, but it was a Lake Michigan beach cache so we got to enjoy the sunset over the lake while finding the cache. Then on to a candy shop and dinner. It made for a nice Date Night.