Cleverly Hidden

pmgeocache

I've found several very creative caches, but don't want to give them away here. I've also DNF'd lots of caches because they were way too clever for me to find :blink:. I'd rather make ten trips to a clever cache than find ten key holders on park benches (but I have to admit, the fist one of those I found seemed clever too :) )

Edited by badlands

I did one in a oak tree park in Sacramento. It was off the main path by 30 or 40 feet. You wouldn't give it a second glance normally even though it's fairly large. It just looks like a stump in an area with smaller bushes and such. It's actually a 5 gallon plastic bucket and the top of the "stump" lifts right off.

Just looked it up. It's this cache Valley of the Oaks

I did one in a oak tree park in Sacramento. It was off the main path by 30 or 40 feet. You wouldn't give it a second glance normally even though it's fairly large. It just looks like a stump in an area with smaller bushes and such. It's actually a 5 gallon plastic bucket and the top of the "stump" lifts right off.

Just looked it up. It's this cache Valley of the Oaks

The water's receded enough? I drive across on I-5 every day and it's still up pretty high.

Greg

I ran into a clever one this morning (or maybe I'm just not too clever :blink: ) I went back to look a second time for what should have been a pretty straightforward cache. Again, I found the likely spot, but no cache. Just a small depression where one might have been in the past. As I kneeled down to replace the rocks I notice that someone had hot-glued the micro upside down to the bottom of the rock! :) Simple solution and clever hide! I can't believe I missed it the first time while I was holding it right in my hands :):):)

The most amazing hides for me are those, which I haven't seen or heard before. I thought the first lamp post I found was incredible cool :blink: Afterwards, I read about a lot of cool containers in the link mentioned and I have to admit that it did spoil a few of my hunts a little. On the otherhand I am glad, that I read it, otherwise I would be still out there hunting those caches :)

We have found several that have given us a thrill. The most recent I can think of was one of those flat magnets in an urban area. Also have found a couple of real rocks that were actually hollowed out. One of my favorites was a multi that consisted of a couple of bird decoys trying desperately to blend into the background, but we were too clever. :ph34r: Okay, it took us hours and cost us blood and body parts to complete that one, but we found it, OKAY!?

I just recently did one that was disguised as an ant hill. They didn't dig or anything against the rules, just made a model of an ant hill the same color as the surrounding terain (which is in an area prone to large ants hills) and put the container under it. You had to realize there were no ants by this one.