Shipping Coins From The Us To Overseas Locations

Anthus

Hello all,

I'm new to the geocoin trading frenzy, and BTW totally hooked. :antenna:

I'm seeking your advice and experience on trades made to fellow cachers / geocoin collectors not located in your country -- in particular from the US to other locations and those receiving coins from the US. My questions are as follows:

1. Do you do any special packaging for overseas trades -- i.e. extra bubble wrap?

2. Do you ship regular postal or express postal?

3. Do you go to the extent of having the package tracked or a notification that it was delivered?

4. Have you had your coins lost in the mail?

5. What are the average costs for sending a coin from the US to the UK, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, etc.?

6. What's the average delivery time?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide. If these questions have been posted before, please point me to the proper thread.

.....Anthus

I often do trades to overseas and receive such. I am located in Germany.

People sending me coins from the U.S. usually use USPS Global Priority Airmail.

Please don't use ground shipping, it saves you just a few cents but takes around 6 weeks to arrive. With USPS Global Priority Airmail coins take around 5-6 days to arrive. Tracking international shippment is very expensive and so not recommended. Nobody I know does. I have never had a delivery confirmation.

Shipping costs (only postage)

US$ 1.60 for 1 coin

US$ 2.40 for 2-3 coins

Please use the packaging described in JayBees Shipping Method (sorry, don't find the thread) It roughly says: Coins taped between thin cardboard, leave coins in original plastic sleeves, never put tape directly onto the coin, put the cardboard with the coins in it into a bubble mailer, secure the coins in the bubble mailer, so they cannot bounce and accidentally cut the bubble mailer open.

I did lots of trading to the U.S. and never lost a coin, I am waiting for a package sent on Dec. 6. though - I think it has been sent with ground shipping because of the White Jeep TB in it.

those who find grammatical or spelling mistakes can keep them :antenna:

I have been sending out a lot of coins ( over 300 packages) and so far no reports of any missing.

I package all my coins using a double bubble package method. I cut down packaging I recieved to the size of 2 or 4 coins. I put the coins in this, seal it and put a mailling lable on it. This is placed in a 6x9 bubble mailer, sealed and labled. I figure if the inner packaging comes out it will still have a delivery lable on it.

As mentioned earlier I use the standard USPS Global Priority Airmail. Not that much more than what it costs to ship in the US and no one I have sold to has had any problem with me charging and extra $1 per coin to use this method when shipping to a foreign country.

For Canadian orders I now charge no exta as the cost the PO has charged is only a few cents more

Forget tracking or insurance except for very large orders.

You will need to fill out a custom form for each package. To make this easier I print out a third lable to put on the form.

Team Sand Dollar

Edited by Team Sand Dollar

Cost for shipping to Germany UK ect. are: Canada is less

International letter Air Mail

2 oz $1.70

3 oz $ 2.55

4 oz $ 3.35

5 oz $4.20

6 oz $ 5.05

small Global Priority Flat rate up to 4 lbs $ 5.25

large Global Priority Flat rate up to 4 lbs $ 9.50

The letter air mail coins I have sent have been taking a week to receive.

Camp Explorer

Edited by Love Geocoins
Cost for shipping to Germany UK ect. are: Canada is less

International letter Air Mail

2 oz $1.70

3 oz $ 2.55

4 oz $ 3.35

5 oz $4.20

6 oz $ 5.05

small Global Priority Flat rate up to 4 lbs $ 5.25

large Global Priority Flat rate up to 4 lbs $ 9.50

:antenna: I forgot - there was an increase in shipping costs on Jan. 08.