Indy Coin Up For Grabs

Cav Scout

I see two of them... one is 100% charity and one is 10% is there something I missed?

edit: ok I noticed in the 100% auction it said he saved the last 10... which might lead you to think he has 10, but I don't think that is the case. Even if he did they will all sell for big $$$

Edited by blazerfan
Did anyone notice the other Indy Diver coin listed in the forbidden zone? before you get excitted and spend hundreds read the listing carefully.

If the 10% part of the price is the concern, you don't need to be too careful. He's quite up front about it (it's even in the subtitle as well as the description).

So who is this jedi0711 guy anyway :o:o

edit: ok I noticed in the 100% auction it said he saved the last 10... which might lead you to think he has 10, but I don't think that is the case. Even if he did they will all sell for big $$$

I know for a fact that he only has one other Indy Diver coin and that one is #001 and he'll never get rid of that one.

He probably could have worded it a little better :o But he does mention in the description that this is his last one. The reference he made to only having 10 was (I think) the point that he stopped placing them so freely.

I know for a fact that he only has one other Indy Diver coin and that one is #001 and he'll never get rid of that one.

Then I guess any collectors wanting one will have to consider bidding on these. Even 10% to charity is better than none. I'd bid but I think other people obviously have more money to spare than me.

His coins were minted in 2002, and many were simply placed in caches. There were no collectors back then because only about 3 geocachers had made coins. They are not in the hands of collectors today. There were only 100 minted, and the simple law of supply & demand takes over.

If you go to cointracking.com and compare the indy diver coins in the keeping category and compare them to the indy diver in the seeking category, you will see why.

Another recent indy coin sold for over 700 on ebay with none of it going to a charity. At least this one is giving 10%.

I was just pointing out the fact that the coin sale is supposed to be in honor of Indy Diver and the seller is "clearly" using a charity and a good persons name to auction off the coin. Had it been me, and I am speaking for myself, I would of sold the coin with 100% going to charity and asked for permission to use Indys name on my listing.

Most everyone knows how I feel about the selling of someone elses personal geocoins so I would go into that subject...