My Geobone

Ladycacher

I am going through my coins and making a new (awesome) spreedsheet. While placing each coin on the table I noticed that my Gold Geobone has a crack in it along where it says www.geocaching.com on the front. :( . Has anybody elses broke? I am heart broken!

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys
I am going through my coins and making a new (awesome) spreedsheet. While placing each coin on the table I noticed that my Gold Geobone has a crack in it along where it says www.geocaching.com on the front. :( . Has anybody elses broke? I am heart broken!

Mine has a "crack" running from the left edge, across the top of www and through geo and to the center-bottom of the bone. And another "crack" from the right side running thru com and the last g in geocaching.

I suspect yours looks exactly the same

I am going through my coins and making a new (awesome) spreedsheet.  While placing each coin on the table I noticed that my Gold Geobone has a crack in it along where it says www.geocaching.com on the front. :( .  Has anybody elses broke?  I am heart broken!

Mine has a "crack" running from the left edge, across the top of www and through geo and to the center-bottom of the bone. And another "crack" from the right side running thru com and the last g in geocaching.

I suspect yours looks exactly the same

Exactly the same....hmmmm....anybody else? That's wierd.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys

It's part of the design.

It looks craked, but is indeed part of the design to break-up the field. I'd like to see the one without it! :(

If you are waiting on a trade one -- please let me know ASAP! I sent out my traders and except for some November/December trades -- they should all be in your hands by now. If not, send me a note ASAP! :tired:

You can see the geobone at my website -- as you can see, the "crack" is intentional.

They are very durable. I have let my dog wear one, attached Travel Bug tags, had them in my pocket -- and even thrown them into caches! :P

...you're just a hard person to get ahold of....

It's all that vaseline he smears on himself... :lol:

Hey! What I do on my own time is my own business :D

I have very literally travelled over 20,000KM in November -- so I have been spread very thin. At least my caching has been rewarding! I have really cool "cache-distribution" stats. (if there was such a thing).

Also, for some odd reason, folks report that the e-mail option on my profile "bounces" back to them -- wierd. The e-mail is valid and all my Groundspeak updates work just fine through it.

Back onto the thread -- the next version of the geobone will not have the little line (aka. crack) on the front. In fact, it will be a whole new outdoor scene .... sort of, kinda..... expect it this spring!

For what it's worth LFD, we've had e-mails to you bounce back also. We've found that it's easier to get a message to you PM'ing you.

Have a Merry Christmas! :lol:

I think that what it is is my e-mail is a re-direct. So it sends me an e-mail to XYZ@ABC.com and that is forewarded to LFD@Doghouse.com (not really, just an example).

If you use gmail or yahoo or hotmail -- it may be that they freak-out with redirects and do not allow it to happen -- hence -- bounce.