Geo Site Is Down

evergreenhiker!

I think what is being referred to is geocaching.com. I had thought the site was down for days now, until the wap site worked, and I started trying things.

www.geocaching.com is up and running, BUT, if you type in geocaching.com , (without the www ) a picture of signal pops up,, . Looks like he is sick, and the message is that the site is down for maintainence. No telling how many think the site is down right now. :blink:

I think what is being referred to is geocaching.com. I had thought the site was down for days now, until the wap site worked, and I started trying things.

www.geocaching.com is up and running, BUT, if you type in geocaching.com , (without the www ) a picture of signal pops up,, . Looks like he is sick, and the message is that the site is down for maintainence. No telling how many think the site is down right now. ;)

Nope, geocaching.com (no www) works for me just fine. I suspect you need to refresh your browser's cache.

Refreshed several times. Still a sick signal.. Are you sure your browser is not adding the www for you??

Not refreshed the web page. You need to refresh (clean out) the old copy of the website your browser has cached and is displaying because it doesn't think it's changed. For IE:

From the "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options".

On the "General" tab in the "Temporary Internet Files" section, click on "Delete Files" and then click "Okay" on the confirmation pop-up.

Click "Okay" to close the "Internet Options" window.

It is also possible that you have a proxy server that is "caching" (storing a local copy) of the site. This can happen when you are behind, say, a corporate firewall or poorly managed ISP. If you clear the cache out of your browser and it keeps happening you should contact your ISP or systems admin to have it corrected. However after a few days it should clear up for you.

Yup, I'm trying to log a White Jeep T.B. I left in a cache today and keep getting this message: ;)

Server Error in '/' Application.

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[sqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]

System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +474

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateConnection..ctor(String sqlconnectionstring) +92

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to SQL Server session database.]

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateConnection..ctor(String sqlconnectionstring) +191

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateClientManager.GetConnection(Boolean& usePooling) +98

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateClientManager.GetExclusive(String id) +42

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.BeginGetExclusive(String id, AsyncCallback cb, Object state) +6

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.GetSessionStateItem() +67

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +274

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +66

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

No, it's really really down. Plus, all the avatars are gone. Only ones showing up are those that I've got locally cached.

Elias has been moving servers all week so I assume the downtime is part of it. I'll see if he can post some info about the changes today.

(The original post was for when the site wasn't down).

Site is working for me.

Weird thing was that yesterday, I couldn't get ot the site with AOL's browser, but could with FireFox. I discovered this after posting here and seeing that someone posted that it was working for them so I investigated further.

Anyrate, I got the above SQL message earlier today, but things are fine now.