What Are Good Ways To Solve Mystery Cache Puzzles?

Operation Doblave

Sometimes you can wait until the cache has been found a few times, then email the owner. Say you'd love to find their cache, but have no idea how to solve the puzzle. Ask for a hint. I've never had an owner refuse. They really want you to solve the puzzle, or they wouldn't have placed it.

A couple of common puzzle varieties involve fancy fonts, and hidden information in the html. You can look at the source code for any page. The first time I ever tried that, I discovered that the information I needed was right on the cache page, but the key section had the font color as white, hence invisible.

BTW, I added the hint after a month or two - so the real puzzle hounds could work it unassisted.

Edited by Isonzo Karst
All the sudoku ones are easy with the online tools now available.

You can try some copying and pasting the clue or text into the google search bar sometimes works otherwise its ask the cache owner for more help if its too hard for too many people they may change the cache page.

I have also tried those with not luck, :anitongue: there are over 7,000 caches within 100 miles of me. I may never need to do a puzzle cache ;)