New York Event Cache?

Cryptik Souls Crew

Hi folks,

Greetings from England, we have recently won a trip to New York and would like to set up an event cache while we are in town to meet some friendly US cachers, drink some beer and swap some cache stories/bugs/coins.

We really need some help from someone local who could suggest some good venues etc and we would also like an idea of how many people would be interested in attending. We do not have definite travel dates yet but we have pencilled our trip in for 9th to 19th Jan

Anyone out there who could help out?

Cheers,

Cryptik Souls Crew

I assume the trip you won was to New York City and not Oneonta, NY.

I'd love to come if the date is good for me.

Let us know where you will be staying and the dates of your trip and I'm sure some of the more NYC savvy geocachers like Avroair or Dboggny can suggest a venue

Some of my old faves are D.B.A., Kennedys West 57th Street , O'Neill's on 3rd Ave. and the grandaddy of them all, McSorleys Old Ale House (great urinals).

Edited by briansnat
Well, I've tried contacting the suggested people but no-one has got back to me :-(

Surely someone out there can help me on this one, would really like to try and get an event set up for when we visit, dates are 9th - 19th Jan

Not sure if I got back to you or not. If not, your idea of DBA would be cool. Its a fun place. The only possible problem is that they don't serve food, but if its just an evening meet and greet tht isn't a problem.

I'd take the initiative and set something up, but I don't live in NYC and I'm not even sure I'll be in the area due to my work schedule.

Well, I've tried contacting the suggested people but no-one has got back to me :-(

Surely someone out there can help me on this one, would really like to try and get an event set up for when we visit, dates are 9th - 19th Jan

We tried to get you a ticker tape parade but Mayor Mike will be out of town on those dates. :o

If you think your NY visit warrants an event, by all means set one up. But you need to be a bit more realistic. Events cost money and there isn't a whole lot extra $$ laying around at this time of year. Reserve yourself a restaurant and draw up the cache page. I'm sure you'll get plenty of attendees.

If you think your NY visit warrants an event, by all means set one up. But you need to be a bit more realistic. Events cost money and there isn't a whole lot extra $$ laying around at this time of year. Reserve yourself a restaurant and draw up the cache page. I'm sure you'll get plenty of attendees.

Thanks for your input, over here in the UK event caches don't tend to cost much ££. Someone picks a venue, we all show up, drink a few beers and have a chat, swap some bugs and coins and go on our way. I don't know how US events go, which is why I was after some advice from US cachers.

I'm gonna try and set something up for a bar in town while we are there I think, if Im being unrealistic and end up drinking alone then hey, I'll still claim a find ;-)

Well out meet and greet events are similar... we get to the venue drink a few beers, oogle over eachothers geocoin binders, drink a few more beers and whoever leaves last has to take the travel bugs... :o

There are plenty of pubs in New York City as well as Pubs that have an upstairs or serve food. Usually, NYC events attract 20-30 people. Most NYC cachers live in the suburbs rather than in Manhatten itself.