Place A Cache Day?

No. Haven't heard of anything like that.

It's a plan that sounds good on paper, but anything that forsces a person to place a cache tends to lead to increase poorly thought out caches and decreased maintenance efforts.

If someone doesn't feel they can maintain a cache, it's really not a good idea to make them.

How would we get everyone to take the test first?  ;)

You don't give up, do you? ;)

I think a national Find A Cache day would yield a bigger dividend for the caching community.  :)  :anitongue:

How about a "go take a hike" day? The goal is to get a cache at least 1/2 mile from parking. I hate to say it, but if it were an event,. I bet a LOT more people would show up.

Maybe an awareness program on how to hide a good cache? That way, if people are unsure as to how to make a good hide (myself included, but very wanting to learn) they can learn, and if they already know how, maybe it would spark the thought to hide one that day.

If nothing else, it could make for good brochures/other literature at future events.

I think a national Find A Cache day would yield a bigger dividend for the caching community. ;):anitongue:

i was gonna say the same thing..we have a day for everything else...we should designate a SATURDAY to be national geocachers day were everyone "should" log at least 1 cache

or i guess this would be the same as the yearly geopicnic in my area..im sure other areas have one to..but is there a national one...wow that would be trippy....mmmmm

Maybe an awareness program on how to hide a good cache?  That way, if people are unsure as to how to make a good hide (myself included, but very wanting to learn) they can learn, and if they already know how, maybe it would spark the thought to hide one that day.

If nothing else, it could make for good brochures/other literature at future events.

Geocacher-U has a nice article on hiding a cache, and their brochure is a great resource to keep in your geo-bag.

:anitongue: