I Need Help

Ok ive searched and searched. im trying to find the name of the owner or adopter of a local cemetery. ive checked online records and nothing comes up. can someone help me out with this. i want to place a micro on the edge or a virtual inside of it.

Some older cemeteries really have no "owner". It might just be on town or state property. If you make a good faith effort to track down the owner and can't maybe there isn't one.

Place your cache, make sure you are being sensitive by not placing it on or near graves and hope your approver goes for it.

Yes, check city hall. Also try your local library - they may have an old directory. Also try the historical society of the town the cemetary is in.

Around here we have many historic cemetaries and cemetary caches. I douybt that most of them have permission - but if it is a private family cemetary, trying for permission is really advisable.

A virtual most likely wont get approval, so try for a micro in or near the cemetary.

Good Luck!

County tax assessors/collectors know EVERY property owner, and it's a matter of public record. How easy those records are to use is a whole 'nother matter. In the county south of me, the tax office has all its records available online, search by coordinates! My county has about half its records online - weirdly searchable, with a lot of broken links. Very helpful folks at the county office though.