Two Week Notice - Clearing Out Sparta Mtn

Team Rampant Lion

The traffic to my Sparta Mountain caches has slowed to a trickle. Many of you who visited really liked the area so I want to repopulate it before the Fall colors arrive to get you back. The caches involved include:

CTTS Event Cache

Sparta Cliffs

Room With A View

Knee Knuckler 1

Knee Knuckler 2

Aim for parking close to the CTTS Event Cache coordinates. Look forward to a new set out here by early October. Visit it between the 15th and 30th for the best shot of spectacular Fall colors.

All the best!

TRL

"DA ist der Baer drinn"

I tried... Started off with the wrong path from the parking area... On my way up the hill I saw Bear 1. I slowly turned around and went up the wood-chip trail... Baby-Bear 2 and Mama Bear 3 crossing the trail about 100 feet in front of me... Ok - I think - this is getting a bit much... I notice 'Stuck Dog' is the closest cache now so I go for that one... While trying to locate it I notice Bear 4 across the little dip watching what I am doing.... That was enough for me :huh: - With a frequency of more than 0.1 bpm (Bears per Minute) I gave up and moved to a different area for today... Maybe someone want's to go there next Saturday together (making more noise) - or maybe I'll come along when you clear them out.... But I'm not coming back here alone :huh:

(Now I finally know were you where hiding those bears all that time)

"DA ist der Baer drinn"

I tried... Started off with the wrong path from the parking area... On my way up the hill I saw Bear 1. I slowly turned around and went up the wood-chip trail... Baby-Bear 2 and Mama Bear 3 crossing the trail about 100 feet in front of me... Ok - I think - this is getting a bit much... I notice 'Stuck Dog' is the closest cache now so I go for that one... While trying to locate it I notice Bear 4 across the little dip watching what I am doing.... That was enough for me :huh: - With a frequency of more than 0.1 bpm (Bears per Minute) I gave up and moved to a different area for today... Maybe someone want's to go there next Saturday together (making more noise) - or maybe I'll come along when you clear them out.... But I'm not coming back here alone :)

(Now I finally know were you where hiding those bears all that time)

Yikes! :huh: 4 on the same hike?

I gotta give you credit Bernd, most cachers would have been out of there after one bear and most certainly after 3 bears,. It took a herd to chase you away. :(

Yikes!  :huh:  4 on the same hike? 

I gotta give you credit Bernd, most cachers would have been out of there after one bear and most certainly after 3 bears,.  It took a herd to chase you away.  :huh:

That's what happens when you are (almost?) a cacheaholic :) - Number 1 through 3 didn't show any interest in me but Number 4 looked rather curious - that's when I decided I am not going to wait for Number 5-8 to finally decide to mug me... :(

Welcome to my neighborhood! :huh:

Bailey and I were out today in the same area placing the next series. She got spooked big time twice, where she just looked at me like "are you nuts!!". I heard major rustling several times today but didn't see any bears. Bummer!!

Anyway, found some neat spots today. The next series will be fun.

A couple people sent me emails asking where to park. Use these coordinates for a parking spot, the trailhead is just northwest from here.

N41 02.369

W074 37.111

I'll look to see my schedule next week, if available I might go along to clear out the caches.

Edited by Team Rampant Lion

I can't wait to try out your caches. I have just started my move to your backyard. Closing was on Friday. With all the prep work and the big move on Saturday the 17th, I won't get to them before you pull them, but I anxiously await the next free day. Mahwah was getting boring, hopefully there is a trail or two in Jefferson that I can try. :D

I can't wait to try out your caches.  I have just started my move to your backyard.

Does he know you will be living back there? Will he let you use the bathroom?

He's going to have to wrestle with Tick Magnets, Trail Hound, Dobsonian and Tiffany's Slaves who I think have all been playing in my backyard (real one) at one time or another.

Anyway, welcome to the area BMSquared. There are a number of very creative cache hiders out this way and lots of open land to hide a few of your own. Just remember to go metal, with the wildlife, plastic (even decon boxes) doesn't last long.

Unfortunately I already have plans Sunday... We could also postpone until next weekend (both days are free for caching) - unless that get's to late for your two week notice...

I am easy going with the time, maybe not before 8am - but otherwise it doesn't matter :-)

It might be best to postpone for a week. They're calling for very heavy rains Saturday (up to an 1" - 2" per hour). This is not the place you want to be if that happens.

Sorry, I have plans on saturday, but if anyone else is looking for bear free fun, There will be a moving van going from Mahwah to Jefferson Saturday morning. I am going to make all of my stuff into travel bugs and let the cachers move them on down for me.

There are three caches within walking distance and no roads to cross. I can't wait to get out there.

PS- I am bringing Team Bam Bam off the disabled list to lift my entertainment center and sleeper sofa.

Sorry, I have plans on saturday, but if anyone else is looking for bear free fun, There will be a moving van going from Mahwah to Jefferson Saturday morning. I am going to make all of my stuff into travel bugs and let the cachers move them on down for me.

There are three caches within walking distance and no roads to cross. I can't wait to get out there.

PS- I am bringing Team Bam Bam off the disabled list to lift my entertainment center and sleeper sofa.

Do you hafta bring HIM?

Which 3 caches?

These are the current backyard caches (literally) for me:

The Bluff

Spotting Snake Island

Brady Road Bushwhack

They all appear to be placed by Woodlit. I don't remember meeting him, but I look forward to his caches. The one I did was great.

Team Bam Bam did well with the unpacking and appears to be almost capable to head out to the woods. This is great progress considering his situation from the fourth of July which someone described as "foot on backwards".

Currently, my computer access is crippled due to sluggish cable installers. I hope to be up and running by the weekend. I reached pretty much the same conclusion as DHenninger pointed out and decided not to run with the travel bug idea. It was a nice thought though.

Forecast looks ok so far for Sunday...

Do we want to start thinking about a time? How does 9am sound?

Avroair, TRL, anybody else? Any loud dogs?  :huh:

I don't think Bailey is a loud dog other than her panting. But we'll plan to be there at 9:00 AM. We will retire the current series as I have found some spectacular new spots.

Maybe we'll get a whistling muzzle for he - not that she needs one but it might make her louder <_<

I'll be there at 9:00AM....

Although I just finished a 30 mile bike ride with the Boy Scouts (and feel like I was run over by a car), I will be there at 9:00 AM. Looks like another great day on tap - bring you camera! <_<

Camera's charged and ready for some beary action...

I took one last swim for the season in Jordan Pond (Fahnestock State Park) today... Wonderful....