State Capitals Travel Bug Hotels

LSUFan

Several of us are getting a tb race started with some friendly competition between LA and MS. Our bug goals is to be placed in a travel bug hotel in each(or very near) each state's capital city.

I am asking all fellow geocachers for their recommendations (along with the cache ID) on travel bug hotels in each state's capital. Can everyone help us out with this because who would know the caches better than the locals. If you are the owner of the cache, self-promotion is allowed and encouraged :laughing:

Thank You

LSUFan

Edited by LSUFan

I don't live in or even get to cache in capital city that much, but I do know where the motel there is, its gckqwh. I think its actually in West Des Moines, but its the closest hotel/motel thats called that. There are likely other caches would be also be good TB drops, but like I said its not exactly in my normal area.

Thanks a bunch WildwoodBob and Welch for your input. That's two states down and 48 to go. I really appreciate all the help. We are also going to need friends in each state for when the tb's eventually make it there.

8-27-2005 UPDATE: So far we have tb stops submited for the following states--Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

We are still asking for advice on the other states. Please keep up the good work.

Edited by LSUFan
I don't live in or even get to cache in capital city that much, but I do know where the motel there is, its gckqwh. I think its actually in West Des Moines, but its the closest hotel/motel thats called that. There are likely other caches would be also be good TB drops, but like I said its not exactly in my normal area.

That was the one I was thinking of too.

We have several in Atlanta, as you can imagine.

In GA, the first one and the one closest to the airport is this one:

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport Bug Exchange

That web page has many other TBug hotels as well.

There are others close to Atlanta as well that are on the interstates leaving Atlanta in the various directions. They are as follows:

Ye Olde 41 Travel Bug Motel Kennesaw, Georgia (The biggest one I've ever seen.)

I-85 Bed and Breakfast Travel Bug Hotel Newnan, Georgia

SOUTH North Georgia Travel Bug Depot Duluth, Georgia

Nineteenth Hole Travel Bug Depot McDonough, Georgia

Don't Speed!: a TB Depot Emerson, Georgia

Stone Mountain Travel Bug Inn Stone Mountain, Georgia

(By the way, many thanks to Thorny1 for keeping the Hartsfield one going and for collecting all the information about the other TBug hotels and linking them on his Hartsfield TBug Hotel page. It made my job posting them here very easy.)

Edited by mtn-man
...That's two states down and 48 to go. I really appreciate all the help.  We are also going to need friends in each state for when the tb's eventually make it there.

Don't you think we should stick to the continental US, Roscoe?

Well Enos, I was thinking about some bonus points for Alaska and Hawaii. I'm going to run all the ideas by all participants after I get all the information in about the tb hotels. Cablemonkey suggested Washington D.C. also, if anyone knows of a good tb hotel near there.

I want to thank everyone again for all the help so far, and please keep posting the state hotels here in this forum. :rolleyes: